Commander is a fanfic by Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity user Drich, and is the progenitor of the 'Commander Fanfics'.
Waking up to find themself in a commander in lava, Drich is soon thrust across the multiverse with two goals: collect as many shinies as possible, and try to make everyone's lives better. Easier said than done.
This work provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: Drich's gender is undeclared. Possibly explored in-universe as Commander Drich has definitely left human concepts and abilities behind and is still accelerating.
- That being said, Drich appears to identify as female.
- Aliens are Bastards: Present in many of the settings that Drich has visited:
- In the Command & Conquer: Tiberium universe, the Scrin seeded the Earth with Tiberium, which is now wrecking havoc on its biosphere. When they find out that humans are still alive on the planet, they are perfectly willing to enact genocide to fix this oversight.
- The Hierarchy from the Universe At War:Earth Assault-verse have invaded and looted thousands of worlds, subjected both the Masari and the Novus' creators to genocide, and are perfectly willing to wipe out mankind. Combined with their Bad Boss tendencies, and they are arguably some of the most evil foes Drich has faced.
- Taken Up to Eleven in the Stellaris universe, were everyone falls into one of three categories: evil, apathetic, or too primitive to matter. Drich ends up abandoning all of them to die to the Unbidden, before using time travel to recreate them before they became the monsters that the Unbidden ate.
- Command & Conquer Economy: By default, since Drich is using a progenitor commander.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: This is usually how Drich's battles go, as Drich has vast superiority in numbers, firepower, AND technology compared most of their oppoenets.
- Easy Logistics: As a result of Progenitor technology, Drich is able to produce all the resources they need at any time they need them, and can move them anywhere they are needed.
- Taken even further when Drich acquires Masari matter creation technology, which can be used to create an unlimited amount of matter from pure energy.
- Fix Fic: Drich goes out of her way to try and make life across the multiverse better for everyone.
- However, she does have limits: when she enters the Stellaris universe and sees that almost everyone is beyond redemption, she lets the natives get wiped out. She then uses time travel to rebuild them into a much better stellar federation.
- Good Parents: Drich is this toward Little1 and Anastasia.
- Humans Are Bastards: Drich has found this true of humans in several universes.
- In the Command & Conquer: Tiberium universe, besides the Brotherhood of Nod and their Cult-esque antics, here's Director Redmond Boyle, who willing used a Superweapon to level part of Europe, despite being urged not to do so by his more reasonable subordinates.
- Perpetual Motion Machine: Drich has access to these in the form of both Progenitor power generators and Masari matter creation technology.
- Physical God: Drich has reached this point, due to the sheer power of the technology they have acquired.
- Time Master: Drich becomes this after going to the Achron universe.
- Stable Time Loop: It's hinted that Drich will end up becoming her own ROB due to her overall mastery of time and space.
- Trope Maker: Is this for the commander fics: Drich was the first writer to take a shot at the idea and, as a side effect, is one who has visited the most universes.