Centipede is a Tokyo Ghoul/Worm crossover fanfic written by Pangolin in which Taylor Hebert triggers with the abilities and powers of a ghoul... complete with the unfortunate package that comes along with it.
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- Cannibalism Superpower: The perks of triggering as a ghoul. Word of God has confirmed that Taylor's powers gets stronger for each enemy Parahuman that she cannibalizes.
- Cursed with Awesome: Being a ghoul, Taylor is gifted with enhanced senses, tremendous durability that allows her to shrug off mundane weapons such as guns and knives, a Healing Factor that allows her to recover from any actual injury that she receives and of course, Combat Tentacles.
- Eating the Enemy: Being a crossover with Tokyo Ghoul, this cannot be avoided. Taylor did this exactly to the bodies of Mush and Skidmark after she killed them. She later does the same thing to Night and Fog after the two inflicted their Cold-Blooded Torture on her.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: How Crusader got killed by Taylor, after he got impaled by a kagune spike trap she set up for him
- I Shall Taunt You: How Taylor manage to essentially beat and kill Skidmark. By basically issuing out her challenge from within his own territory, Taylor managed to pissed Skidmark enough for him to first begin their fight by making an attempt to Trash Talk at her. Unfortunately for Skidmark, he quickly learned how talking is not a free action when Taylor quickly runs him down with her kagune.
- Mythology Gag: Several ones.
- Lung and Oni Lee owning a coffee shop is in reference to Anteiku from Tokyo Ghoul which is the starting point of the whole series.
- Uta and his shop making an appearance early in the story.
- Taylor's mask which is a half mask whose appearance is basically modeled after Tatara's.
- The name which Taylor has chosen for her newly established gang, The Red Tongues, comes from the name of a Chinese ghoul organization mentioned in the anime from which Tatara originated from called Chi She Lian which translates into the Red Tongue Company in english.
- During Taylor's fighting scene against Mush, she made an internal complaint about her powers on how Mush's garbage managed to harm her when regular knives would break against her skin. This is a callback to a scene in Tokyo Ghoul where Ken Kaneki managed to somehow accidentally cut his hand with a broken tea cup which basically defies the information fans had on ghoul physiology.
- Catharsis' costume is based off of the CCG's investigators outfit. Additionally Catharsis' weapons are essentially Quinque and the one he first uses to fight Kakuja/Taylor is IXA, one of Kishou Arima's more well known Quinque.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Alablaster in a nutshell.
- Trap Master: Taylor later develops the ability to recreate Nutcracker's kagune spike traps.
- Unwanted Harem: Taylor initially got her first Parahuman subordinate through Alablaster who joined simply because he had a crush on her; Sophia joined and eventually confessed to Alablaster that she also had a crush on Taylor. Seems to also be the case for Theo and possibly Bakuda as well.
- As of recent events (7.9-7.11) Bakuda can firmly be excluded.