Based on a running fandom joke, Captain Avatar is a series of interconnected comment fics written by suzukiblu on LiveJournal that places the characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender into the roles of the Planeteers from Captain Planet. There are just under fifty commentfics written for the universe.
Unrelated to the Captain Avatar of Star Blazers.
Captain Avatar and the Avateers provides examples of:
- Absent-Minded Professor: Zei doesn't really get why he has to do the development side of his research and development job...
- Abusive Parents: Zuko can sleep on the street if he doesn't bring home a captured Avateer ring.
- All There in the Manual: suzukiblu has an annotated index page.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: Inverted. Aang believes Fire will feel cruel when added to the Avateers, because he still doesn't trust Zuko.
- Darker and Edgier: At least it's darker than Captain Planet.
- Gaslighting: Teo and Haru sort of do this to Zhao, unintentionally. They keep breaking in and installing water filtration systems and the like. And Zhao's the only one who notices.
- Mirror Universe: One drabble flips Zuko's and Azula's alignments. It's not canon for the fic universe.
- Mundane Utility: SOKKA! Stop using the power of heart to make impressionable kids do your homework!
- Refusal of the Call: Zuko's a bit conflicted when he gets the fire ring.
- Shout-Out: Zhao would get away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.
- The Call Left a Message: They just find the rings, you know, lying around.