Weiss Schnee's father has arranged her marriage for business reasons. At ten years old, Weiss is now ready to meet her future spouse. She trusts her father to have chosen the perfect husband for her, however her dreams come crashing down when Weiss finds out she's not getting a husband—she's getting a wife, and a cat faunus wife at that.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Nice Guy:
- Jacques is much sweeter than in canon, and his relationship with Weiss is much better, presumably because this was written before Volume 4.
- Blake lacks her usual snark and sass. Instead, she's soft and dedicated to Weiss from the start.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Ruby's hair is offhandedly referred to as brown. In canon she has black/reddish black/dark red hair.
- Alternate Universe Fic: It's set in an AU where Blake and Weiss have had an Arranged Marriage since childhood. Neither went to Beacon in the fic.
- Arranged Marriage: As children, Blake and Weiss were arranged to be married.
- Bifauxnen: With her dress pants, button-up shirt, vest, and tailcoat, upon meeting Blake, Weiss didn't instantly know she was female.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Blake, at first. Blake tries her best to impress Weiss and gain her acceptance but Weiss won't budge. It isn't until they meet again years later that Weiss realizes how much Blake means to her.
- Fantastic Racism: When they meet, Weiss mistakes the Belladonna's for servants because they're faunus. She then gets very angry because not only is she supposed to marry a girl, but said girl is also a faunus.
- First-Name Basis: Weiss denies Blake the ability to refer to her informally as just "Weiss", instead insisting on being called "Miss Weiss". It isn't until later that she allows Blake to drop the title.
- Interspecies Romance: Assuming faunus are a separate species from humans, Blake and Weiss' relationship counts as one.
- My Instincts Are Showing: Blake starts purring when she's happy.
- She's All Grown Up: Weiss finds herself suddenly attracted to Blake when they meet at age eighteen.
- Shout-Out: One scene references "This Is My Idea" from The Swan Princess, a song about two kids who dislike their arranged marriage:"Weiss, just go have fun."
"Blake, go have a good time."
Both girls rounded on them.
"This is not my idea-"
"This isn't my idea-"
"Of fun!" They finished in unison, one tone irritated and the other uneasy.
- Tsundere: Weiss acts this way towards Blake as a child. Behind her whining and complaining, there's a hint of interest. She also gets jealous at Blake's friendship with Yang and Ruby.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Weiss was more than a little upset when her future spouse turned out to be a girl.