Ten years after the events of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, tragedy strikes just before the first Willy Wonka Candy Emporium in twenty years is about to open in Las Vegas. Someone has murdered 22-year old Charlie Bucket and dumped his body out in the desert, and it is up to the Las Vegas CSI team to figure out who could have killed him and why. Naturally, things aren't so cut and dried, especially as the team explores further into Mr. Wonka's magical world.
Can be found here.
A live reading is in progress on Youtube starting here.
This fanwork contains examples of:
- Ascended Fanboy: Greg Sanders, in-universe, by the end.
- Crack Fic: ...yeah. It's a CSI / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory crossover fic. How could it not be?
- Continuity Nod: Turns out that the side effects of being "punished" by the weird stuff at the factory stayed with the children even after all of these years.
- Crowd Song: The Oompa Loompas break into that twice, once while giving their witness statement.
- Cursed With Awesone: Violet Beauregard will remain a blueberry-colored Rubber Man for the rest of her life, so she decided to exploit it by becoming a member of the Cirque du Soleil. The story shows she made quite the name for herself because if this.
- Distant Finale: The story serves as this to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, though it's a Deadly Distant Finale for Charlie.
- Feeling Their Age: Played for tragedy with Wonka discovering that Charlie is dead. The narration (and Grissom, who is there to see it) mentions that at that precise time (and for a very painful moment) all of the psychological aging that Willie Wonka had tried to stave off by acting like a Manchild caught up with him as he tried to process this fact.
- Fur and Loathing: Played with.
- Genius Ditz: Willy Wonka. Charlie was the Cloud Cuckoolanders Minder in his latter days.
- Grissom One-Liner: Natch. Provides the Title Drop at the very beginning.
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: Greg Sanders meets Violet Beauregard, now a contortionist with Cirque du Soleil. She is combing her hair. With her feet. From behind. In the nude.
- Hollywood Nerd: The CSI team.
- Insufferable Genius: Mike Teavee.
- The Lab Rat: Greg, though he is given the opportunity to do some investigation on his own when Gil and Catherine are off trying to interview Wonka.
- Level Ate: The chocolate room. And Wonka's factory.
- Logic Bomb: Grissom, trying desperately to make the fanciful stuff he encounters jibe with how he knows the world works.
- Magic Versus Science: Trying to analyze a piece of Wonka candy in the mass spectrometer has spectacular results. Walkie-talkies don't work within the Wonka Emporium. Cell phones don't work inside the Chocolate Factory.
- Mathematician's Answer:The bouncer who looked big enough to actually bounce Greg against the sidewalk if he wanted to peered closely at Greg's ID. "What's this about?""I just need to ask her a few questions. It won't take long.""All right but if you're just another one of those perverts""I'm not. I'm cool.""she'll break your neck herself. I think she's a black belt or something."Greg frowned. "Karate? Judo, Jujitsu?""Yes."
- Manchild: Willy Wonka. The only time he acts his age is when he gets news of Charlie's death.
- My Card: Gil gives one to Wonka after asking him some questions
- Rich Bitch: Veruca Salt, who got pissed off when Charlie decided not to make a business alliance between her company and Wonka's. It ends up deconstructed. Even if still enough of a bitch that she looked like a sure-fire culprit, she still cares about the fact Charlie got killed and blowing up about the business alliance aside, she wasn't that much of a bitch to him — they were even Secretly Dating.
- Rubber Man: Mike Teavee. When he tries to get away from the police, several LVPD policemen get a grip on him... and he stretches like a rubber band (including bouncing back hard) as he tries to drag himself away.
- Spit Take: Catherine tells Gil about the Chocolate Room. Gil is eating tomato soup at the time.
- Squee!: Greg Sanders' reaction to finally meeting Willy Wonka is to run around the lab screaming "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!"
- Stuff Blowing Up: The Las Vegas Wonka Emporium is firebombed two thirds of the way through.
- Title Drop: The fact that Charlie was drowned in a molten chocolate leads to the obvious remark.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Violet. And blue skin, apparently.