Brand new Blue Angels pilot Lt. Justin Volare of the US Navy crashes his F-18 during his first practice flight while chasing an unidentified flying object. He is saved at the last instant and transported to Ponyville, where his life is saved, but not without some major changes, including his very species.
Unable to return to Earth, the story follows Volare as he makes a life for himself in the magical land of Equestria, forming friendships, a family, and even a Love Triangle along the way. It's not all sunshine and rainbows for Volare, however, as mysterious forces are conspiring to capture and use him for their own ends.
Clocking in at nearly 70 chapters and counting, Blue Angel is one of the longest, most prolific Fan Fics to appear on FimFiction.
Tropes Appearing in Blue Angel:
- Action Girl: To be expected due to the original series' Improbably Female Cast. Most notably Rainbow Dash - who in the first chapter pulls Volare out of his F/A-18 as it crashes into the ground
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Invoked. Dispite being a pony now himself, Volare is having a hard time shaking the human taboo against bestiality; feeling shame any time he finds himself attracted to a fellow pony.
- Big Bad: Known primarily as "The Boss" he is only mentioned by his henchmen, Ray and Jill, for most of the story. Volare and crew only find out about him well into the story.
- In a much later chapter, his name stands revealed, that being Corvus.
- Big Brother Instinct: Volare has this in spades, and it seems to be one of the primary motivating factors in many of his actions.
- Big Damn Hero: Rainbow Dash has several such moments throughout the story.
- Volare has a few of his own.
- Body Horror: Volare can't go more than a few weeks without sustaining a grievous, life-threatening injury.
- Cosmic Plaything: Volare. Poor, poor Volare.
- Door Stopper: Oh, yes. It's one of the longest stories on fimfiction.net and it's still not complete yet.
- Villain Respect: Ray, as Jill's brother, knows full well the power of a brother's love for a sister, such as Volare has for Scootaloo.