Blood Whistle is a Super Mario Bros. creepypasta based off of Super Mario Bros. 3. It takes the form of a blog of a rather melodramatic college student as he plays through a ROM Hack titled "SMB3:BW" that turns out to be full of "realistic blood."
Blood Whistle provides examples of:
- Absentee Actor: The male Koopalings all appear, but Wendy, the groups sole female, doesnt make an appearance in the hack, the narrator even noting that there doesnt seem to be any apparent reason for this.
- Accidental Misnaming: Roy and Ludwig are referred to as "Ray" and "Von."
- Apocalyptic Log: The story begins with a note stating that the student killed himself in his dorm room shortly after his last blog entry.
- Arc Words: "Hear its cry" appears three times in the creepypasta in reference to the Blood Whistle.
- Big "WHY?!":Mario slowly turned his head towards me and uttered a single question through tears and blood: "w-w-why?"
I myself asked the very same question. Why would they treat him as an animal- if not less- for their amusement? Why would someone initiate the genesis of such a horrid contraption?
- Bond One-Liner: After disemboweling Bowser and all six of his sons with a dagger, Princess Toadstool turns next to Mario, telling him: "They got a little sharp with me so I pushed them over the EDGE! Hehehe "
- Cannot Tell Fiction from Reality:You're probably wondering as to why I complacently talk about Mario as if he's a human being. A human who suffers pain, sorrow, depression, starvation, and thirst like the rest of us. A human who is also capable of feeling happiness, remorse, goodwill and love like anyone else. It's because I am thoroughly convinced that he is.
- Devoured by the Horde: Mario is torn apart and eaten alive by Bowser and four of the Koopalings, and then again by a pack of demons.
- Driven to Suicide: The author takes his own life by plunging a recorder through his trachea.
- Go Mad from the Revelation:My whole life before I hit up on my arrow keypad was completely different. I was happy. I was normal. I could wake up in the morning recognizing my own reflection, being absolute about my safety. Now it's lies. All lies. I know that as of what happened today, my life will become an infernal hell in which every day will be a futile struggle to retain my own sanity. After finishing this wretched collage of electronic dejection, I will embrace death like a long lost lover with open arms.
- Hearing Voices: In World 2-1, he starts hearing whispering voices saying "let the whistle guide you" and "the instrument of blood plays the sweetest tune" in time with a reversed version of the overworld music.
- The Illuminati: After seeing pyramids with eyes watching him, pentagrams and "other satanic symbols" in the background, the author wonders: "Could this hack be the work of the Illuminati?"
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The Blood Whistle flies down on its own and stabs Mario through the chest. It does this more than once.
- Number of the Beast: "666" is one of the various demonic symbols added to the backgrounds.
- Purple Prose: The guy uses some pretty flowery descriptions to describe the torment he goes through.Well, I did it. I managed to clench the fickle fibers of my perception of reality long enough to play through world two. I have come to the conclusion that whoever made this is completely and utterly deranged. Theres been a rusted gear or a broken spring in the mechanics of their sadistic mind. Their only purpose in creating this mod was to mentally and psychologically flagellate the naïve soul poor enough to take the bait of its mysterious origin.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The "possessed Princess Toadstool" is described as having gleaming red eyes.
- Shout-Out: "I've seen some pretty scary occurrences with emulator games before. Just look at BEN."
- That Man Is Dead:"The Princess Peach you used to know is long gone. The power of the Blood Whistle consumed that girl and made way for me."
- 13 Is Unlucky:It is ironic indeed that today is June the 13th. The unlucky number, the unlucky day.