Betastuck is a Homestuck Alternate Universe fanfic where everyone is human and the events of Homestuck all took place in an immersive virtual reality game. Sixteen players are chosen to betatest it and are assigned a character at random. But while playing the game, they believed that they were the players and now they have to deal with the consequences of what they experienced. It's just a game
The original Tumblr has since gone down. However, parts remain on Wayback Machine here.
Another part of the AU was located at the Tumblr URL areyounext, under the password "betatesters". Unfortunately, that blog was deleted (presumably at the same time as the betastuck blog proper), and Wayback Machine never captured it. note
- >New Game
- >New Game
- All Just a Dream
- All There in the Manual Some things aren't present in the story proper but are answered in the question and answer portions.
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Anti-Mutiny Despite not acting the way his programmers expected him to, Doc Scratch was merely fulfilling his purpose to make the necessary preparations for Lord English's arrival.
- Apocalyptic Log Written by a previous betatester.
- Artificial Intelligence One of the main reasons for the creation of Homestuck was to show off how far they've come in AI technology.
- Be Careful What You Wish For They wanted to play an exciting game with their friends.
- Blatant Lies It's just a game.
- Cassandra Truth
- Corrupt Corporate Executive There's more to the game than Steve Vantas is telling us.
- Fan Vriska and Tavros for Gamzee's band
- Fake Memories While playing the game, many of the betatesters did not remember that they were playing a game at all.
- Flawed Prototype What the game shaped up to be.
- Gaslighting What happened with Aaral Vantas
- Gone Horribly Right The Homestuck game is very realistic.
- Hikiko Mori Karkat's a bit of a shut-in.
- It Was There I Swear
- Kill Them All Eridan's method for winning the game.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia What happened to Karkat
- Lonely Rich Kid Arguably, Karkat
- Lotus-Eater Machine
- Make Up or Break Up Aradia and Equius
- Mind Rape
- Most Fanfic Writers are Girls Rose and her Squiddles/Lord of the Rings crossover
- Most Gamers are Male Averted, a good proportion of the gamers are female.
- Official Couple John/Vriska, Gamzee/Karkat, Aradia/Equius?
- Or Was It a Dream
- Serious Business It's just a game, no need to take it so seriously.
- Sliding Scale of Robot Intelligence
- Super OCD Sollux and his resulting obsession with twos.
- Twenty Minutes into the Future
- Unusual User Interface The pods used to play the game.
- Variable Player Goals A number of players would go off and do their own thing rather than complete the goals of the game.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential
- What Could Have Been What the Horrorterrors essentially were, a group of bosses that would have been fought throughout the game. They were sealed off in the far edges of the game so you shouldn't have been able to interact with them
- Wide Open Sandbox The game is meant to be a combination of this and an MMORPG.
- Win to Exit Play the game and try not to die. It's just a game so it's not like dying will have any deep psychological effect on you.
- Your Mind Makes it Real The basis for the problems the betatesters have after playing the game.
- Do you want to review your game data?