Betastuck is a Homestuck Alternate Universe fanfic where everyone is human and the events of Homestuck all took place in an immersive virtual reality game. Sixteen players are chosen to betatest it and are assigned a character at random. But while playing the game, they believed that they were the players and now they have to deal with the consequences of what they experienced. It's just a game
The original Tumblr has since gone down. However, parts remain on Wayback Machine here.
Another part of the AU was located at the Tumblr URL areyounext, under the password "betatesters". Unfortunately, that blog was deleted (presumably at the same time as the betastuck blog proper), and Wayback Machine never captured it. note
- >New Game
- >New Game
- All There in the Manual: Some things aren't present in the story proper but are answered in the question and answer portions.
- Anti-Mutiny: Despite not acting the way his programmers expected him to, Doc Scratch was merely fulfilling his purpose to make the necessary preparations for Lord English's arrival.
- Artificial Intelligence: One of the main reasons for the creation of Homestuck was to show off how far they've come in AI technology.
- Fake Memories: While playing the game, many of the betatesters did not remember that they were playing a game at all.
- Super OCD: Sollux and his resulting obsession with twos.
- Variable Player Goals: A number of players would go off and do their own thing rather than complete the goals of the game.
- What Could Have Been: In-Universe with the Horrorterrors, a group of bosses that would have been fought throughout the game. They were sealed off in the far edges of the game so you shouldn't have been able to interact with them
- Win to Exit: Play the game and try not to die. It's just a game so it's not like dying will have any deep psychological effect on you.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: The basis for the problems the betatesters have after playing the game.
- Do you want to review your game data?