Because I Love You is a still-in-progress fanfic (written by CherryLugia300) featuring several main characters from the EarthBound series, quite a few Pokémon, and a whole load of other characters whom the author made up herself. It's one of them Alternate Continuity things.
Hikami is a peaceful continent. Everyone there lives in peace and harmony... or at least they seem to be. An Eldritch Abomination known as Giygas is sleeping in a lair in the most sacred canyon in Hikami. When he wakes up, he shall break out, and destroy the Life Crystal in Arceus' Temple, thus ending all life.
However, a bunch of young teens growing up in an Orphanage of Love are destined to prevent the destruction, and take on Giygas' vast army of minions. The team consists of Ness, an adventurous boy who leads the group, Paula, his personal love interest (although he denies it), Ninten, Ness' other roommate, Lucas, a shy, gentle kid who sleeps in the room next door to Ness', and Claus, Lucas' older twin brother. They must gather the Seven Rainbow Shards and forge them into the Spectral Crystal, the only item powerful anough to defeat Giygas.
There is now a character sheet.
Tropes present in Because I Love You:
- Apocalypse How: As mentioned above, destroying the Life Crystal results in Class 6.
- Crystal Dragon Jesus: Arceus.
- Cue the Sun: The sun rises as Ness and his friends set off on their journey.
- The Empire: The Nokturian Empire.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: The Seven Rainbow Shards.
- First-Episode Spoiler: Tolkien dies.
- Five-Man Band
- Good Morning, Crono: How the story introduces Ness.
- Instant Messenger Pigeon: Tolkien delivers letters quickly and flawlessly.
- La Résistance: The Order of the White Rose.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Although most of them haven't been introduced yet.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Saviours themselves.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Tolkien.
- Spaghetti Kiss: Ness and Paula almost pull this off, but Paula backs down out of embarrassment.
- Something Else Also Rises: The first time we see Grace, Zeruel's ears and back fur perk up. I'm sure something else of his perked up, if you catch my drift.
- Talking Animal: Pick a non-human character. Any non-human character. Regular dragons (and numerous Mooks) are an exception, though.
- Walking the Earth: Throughout the story.
- Watch Out for That Tree!: Zeruel crashes into a tree while walking off into the woods... and carries on as if nothing had happened.