Be All My Sins is a Warhammer40K Fanfic starring Natalie, a goth girl who gets dropped onto an imperial planet during a chaos attack. Things go about as well as expected. Soon captured, singled out and recruited, watch as her own morals decay and spiral out of control, like a slippery slope covered in blood and terror... and daemons.
The Fanfic can be found in the Spacebattles Creative forum.
Be All My Sins provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: Skeryn, and Natalie more and more
- Armor Is Useless: Averted. Flak armor won't stop many weapons most of the time, but it will stop some weapons some of the time, making it a better combat option than shirtsleeves.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT mess with Nat's tail.
- Beware My Stinger Tail: Natalie gets one later on in the story.
- Black Comedy: comes up sometimes.
- Boot Camp Episode: Fairly early in the story.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Skeryn.
- The Corruption: Chaos in general and Luce in particular. The corruption train has no brakes.
- Combat Pragmatist: Natalie challenges a Khornate to a fight to the death, a warrior who fights honorably with melee weapons. The second the match starts? The warrior's legs are shot off by Simms, one of Natalie's ...Friends?
- See also Nat's discussion with Malcolm about using every tool that's available to you.
- Cyber Punk: The latest arc involves a planet like this.
- Driven to Villainy: it was a very short drive, but Nat's motive in joining Chaos was just to survive a bad situation.
- Face Palm: Dinola's reaction to a lot of Nat's antics. Natalie for much of the insanity of Chaos cultists and Imperials alike.
- Guile Hero: Natalie.
- Human Sacrifice: A major first step for the beginning cultist.
- Hyperspace Is a Scary Place: It's 40K, so naturally this applies. Warp travel gives Nat nightmares and grates on her sanity.
- Hypocritical Humor: Natalie's endless complaining about insane cultists.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Nat keeps promising not to "cheat" with sorcery in fights. Nat keeps lying, or finding other ways to cheat.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Nat's reputation and sort of true
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Natalie starts out by choosing damnation over death, and from that point on seems to try and get out of her corruption... by getting ahead of her corruption. Though she still hangs on to many hang-ups.
- Kill It with Fire: One of Natalie's great strengths as a psyker is pyromancy. This tropes follows.
- Natural Weapon: Natalie also acquires some Claws by way of mutation.
- Outside-the-Box Tactic: About to attack a large group of Khornate warriors and ambushed by orks? Propose a competition where whoever kills more of the enemy gets their ship.
- Running Gag: Natalie continues to get in situations or react in ways to convince others she is a cannibal, no matter how much she protests. As time goes on it becomes a bit more true.
- Villain Protagonist: Nat would probably be the villain in any other story.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Dinola and Natalie regularly refer to each other as "freak" and "musclehead."