Axis Powers Hetalia Episode 23.5, created by kyokyo866, is a creepypasta came out of the blue in the Hetalia fandom and became one of the most infamous Hetalia tales. For good reason. The story is about Kyo watching her sister's bootleg Hetalia DVD and discovering a Lost Episode on it about the Axis on an Island, and they ran out of food. Germany and Japan were getting desperate and decided to get food in a different way, Italy getting the short end of the stick.
Despite being noted about it being a Creepypasta in the main description, the screenshots provided by her friend "Fia" and how the story was told had fooled a lot of people into thinking it exists. Slowly its fans are increasing little by little, mostly due to kyokyo866's "unoffical sequel" to the tale ''Regret'', the aftermath of what had happened and how they cope with the guilt.
Read the creepypasta online
Axis Powers Hetalia Episode 23.5 provides examples of the following tropes:
- Apologetic Attacker: Japan while drowning Italy.
- Back from the Dead: The story never clarifies how Italy comes back no worse for wear in the episode that follows this one.
- Bizarro Episode: In-universe. The episode itself is stated to be completely out of the blue, completely different from any other episode of the series and leads into the next one with no explanation.
- Eaten Alive: Italy, which is graciously shown to us in a screenshot.
- Gender Flip: Mr. Creepy Pasta's reading of the story changes the narrator from a girl to a boy, for obvious reasons.
- Go Out with a Smile: Italy, whose picture represents the episode on the DVD menu.
- Gutted Like a Fish: Also provided in a screenshot, how Japan dissected into Italy basically.
- Kill the Cutie: Italy
- My God, What Have I Done?: Germany and Japan are both immediately remorseful for what they have done to Italy.
- No Party Like a Donner Party: If only the Axis had found food in the first place...
- Not Quite Dead: Italy's still alive even after Germany and Japan cut out his organs and eat them.
- Sacrificial Lamb: In order to survive, Japan and Germany had to drown Italy and eat his corpse.
- The Stars Are Going Out: At the end of the episode, Germany looking up to the sky, past the stars and everything until there was only blackness only to have the next episode play.
- Urban Legends: Since this is a creepypasta, it is basically this as well.
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Kyo, the author, has mentioned the beginning part of the story with her sister to have actually happened.
- Wham Episode: What the episode itself would likely be if it were real.
- Wham Line: Three noteworthy ones.
- First: "In unison, the two stood up, going over to Italy and picking him up very carefully, not wanting to wake him up. At this point I was extremely confused, what were they planning to do with him? Were they going to a new location? Quietly, they shuffled the sleeping nation over to the ocean, and carefully set him in face down, Japan setting his hands over the others head so to keep it still below the water's surface. It didn't take long until Italy began to thrash around, bubbles popping furiously on the water next to his head, only having Japan press down harder while Germany was looking away with eyes closed and lip being bitten onto, hard."
- Second: ' .Doitsu?...Nihon?...', which is quickly followed by the third: "Italy was awake".