"The dead don't forgive what the living can't forget. Haunted by vengeful souls and secrets, Kurapika will do anything to lay them to rest. Even live. (AU-ish York Shin.)" Description taken from fanfiction.net.
Autumn's Children by November First is an Hunterx Hunter fanfiction. The first part has been completed and the prologue for the sequel Winter's Dead has been posted.
Autumn's Children contains examples of:
- Alternate Universe: While the plot starts off like canon, things diverge quickly after Ubo's death.
- Also, Kurapika's a girl here. According to Word of God, this is partially to set the fic apart from canon.
- Ambiguously Human: Kurapika
- Break the Cutie: Kurapika went through this before the fic's start.
- Chain Pain: As in canon, Kurapika's main weapon is this.
- Curse: The Kurata, upon their deaths, left behind a powerful curse bound to the Eyes. Kurapika states she could activate it at any time.
- Dead Person Conversation: Kurapika has several of these with Ubo after she kills him and his ghost is somehow bound to her.
- Hallucinations: In the last chapter of Autumn, Kurapika has a hallucination of Ubo.
- I See Dead People: Kurapika is revealed to have this ability after Ubo's death.
- Killed Off for Real: Ubo
- Morality Chain: Gon, Killua, and to a lesser extent Leorio act as these for Kurapika.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: After Kurapika kills Ubo, his ghost is tied to her.
- Also, whatever is going on with the Kurata curse.
- The Stations of the Canon: Zig-Zagged, While several things from canon occur, they happen for different reasons, or don't happen at all.
- Except for Gon and Killua getting caught by the Spider, the reasons and circumstances are exactly the same.
- Theme Naming: Each part of the series is/will be named after a season.
- Villainous Sacrifice: Ubo pulls this to convince Kurapika the Spider's dead.
- While it works for a while, it winds up being a Senseless Sacrifice when she discovers the dupe and goes to the Spider's base.