Jaune Arc has enough of being weak and helpless. Watch as he overcomes the obstacles in his way and grows into the Huntsman, leader and ladies' man he was always meant to be with the help of a special Dust crystal that gives him the powers of a [Gamer].
Arc of Legend contains examples of the following tropes:
- 100% Adoration Rating: Jaune is well liked and respected by his friends and teachers alike. Even Weiss respects Jaune after he beats her in a spar. Qrow also calls Jaune the one who will lead the others against Salem as the younger generation will be more likely to follow someone their age.
- Adaptational Badass: While Jaune in canon isn't very strong, this Jaune is very strong and still rapidly growing to become overpowered.
- Adaptational Heroism: He plays also a key role in protecting the town Feridai and its citizens against the Grimm in Chapter 6.
- Alternate Universe Fic:
- Jaune is stronger due the upgrade of his weapon and is able to take down Team CRDL by himself. They as a result fear him and stop bullying him and Velvet.
- The Beacon Dance does not involve Jaune wearing a dress and dancing only with JNPR and Pyrrha. He dances with Yang, Blake, Ruby, Weiss, Pyrrha, Velvet and Glynda and his outfit for the evening and night are a white tuxedo with a yellow tie.
- The Vytal Festival has different fights. First Fight is Team JNPR vs. Team ABRN as opposed to canon where Team JNPR fights later and against Team BRNZ.
- Ascended Extra: Tukson gets a more important role as Jaune's employer.
- Battle Harem: Every known girl in RWBY (sans Saphron and Terra) is a Huntress or a fighter. Add that to the fact that the Jaune in this fic gets a Harem and you have a Battle Harem.
- Character Level: The more Jaune fights or fulfills Quests the more EXP he gets which in turn levels him up. With each level his stats get higher and he gets stats points which he is able to use on any stat. He started at level 7 and is at level 21 by Chapter 9.
- Green Rocks: While not green, the white Crystal of Duality is important for this story as it gives the powers of a Gamer. It also has the ability Boost I which boosts all combat abilities as well as STR and SPD. The author hinted that this ability would upgrade in time.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Tukson was spared due to the fact that he hired Jaune to protect him from being killed. As such he was able to flee unlike in canon.
- Sudden Game Interface: Diegetic Interface: Jaune is able to open a menu to see his stats, Skills and Perks. He is also able to see the level of other people as well as their relationship status with him.