"Apples Equals Cyanide Equals Light: Ryuks favourite equation. It means the death of boredom, the only death that actually matters."
Apples Equals Cyanide Equals Light provides examples of:
- All for Nothing: In the context of this story's events, Near thinks everything he did to defeat Light might be this.
- Another Dimension: Shinigami world
- Continuation Fic: It takes place after the ending of the series.
- Came Back Strong: Kira, as a Shinigami
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: Kira doesn't kill Matsuda with the rest of the former task force so that he could spread the story.
- Creepy Souvenir: Ryuk collects mementos from humans who owned his notebook. That includes the bullets he dug out of Light's body. Similarly, Kira keeps a finger puppet of L as an earring.
- The Extremist Was Right: The way Matsuda feels about Light.
- Gen Fic
- Ghost Amnesia: If Kira has any memories of his human life, they are dormant.
- Inadequate Inheritor: For L's title, Light saw Near as this.
- Interspecies Friendship: Light and Ryuk when the former is still human.
- Killed Off for Real: Stephen Loud, task force (with a temporary exception of Matsuda).
- Perpetual Smiler: Permanent smirk on Kira's face
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Ryuk gives one to Near.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Kira and Ryuk
- These Hands Have Killed: No matter how much (Matsuda) scrubs he can't get Light's blood off his hands.
- Revenge Fic: Against the task force, SPK, and Near.