An Astral Drop In Heatherfield is a W.I.T.C.H. fanfic written by drakensis diverging from canon during the Taranee rescue in the first saga. The story follows Will Vandom's Astral Drop, Hope, who possesses an independent mind and doesn't wish to be deactivated when WITCH return from their adventure.
You can find it on fanfiction.net here.
An Astral Drop In Heatherfield provides examples of the next tropes:
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Elyon's towards the climax of the story.
- Broken Masquerade: Susan insists that the girls tell their families about being Guardians of Kandrakar.
- Body Double: Hope for Elysion at her coronation.
- Clear My Name: Uriah frames Hope for theft.
- Closet Sublet: Will and the other Guardians make a hiding place for Hope in the attic above Will's bedroom.
- Don't Split Us Up: A significant fear for Hope through most of the story.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Hope goes to school in place of Will, who promises to do all the chores. Instead she runs off to go swimming and ends up getting trapped by Elyon.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Hope delivers this to Matt after he asks Will out.
- Inevitable Waterfall: A bridge goes boom right under Hope, Susan and Peter.
- Mundane Object Amazement: Hope is notably unjaded about basically everything that happens to her, since it's all new experience to her.
- Only Child Syndrome: Broken out of by Will, who later quite enthusiastically hogs the bathroom with Hope knocking on the door, trying to get in. Apparently Will really wanted to experience being an older sister.
- Really Was Born Yesterday: As Hope explains to Susan, she's forty-three days old when they first meet.
- Shared Family Quirks: Will and Susan's fiery tempers frequently lead to shouting matches.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: While there's no difference in appearance, Hope and Will quickly find themselves clashing as differences between them mount. In particular Will sees Hope as the daughter their mother wants, whereas Hope envies Will for being the one that their mother actually loves.
- The Talk: Susan explains to Hope about the birds and the bees. A banana was involved.