Amber Night and the Curse of the Diabolical Pastry Thief is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic by dehydromon which centers around the conflict created between Amber Night and a multitude of other ponies, including both of Equestria's monarchs, over a box of missing pop tarts.
It can be found here.
This My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic contains the following tropes:
- 20% More Awesome: There narrator's monologue near the beginning ensures the reader that Amber Night's maturity would increase by twenty percent over the course of her journey.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Viridian Mist's maneuvers as he outruns Amber Night in the gym."He jumped over a barrel, then rolled beneath a balance beam, then barrel-rolled through an array of laser defense systems specifically designed to stop him."
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Amber Night. On multiple occasions.
- She first does this to kick off the story by growing inspired by a monologue that she didn't even hear.
- Her method of disabling the gym's laser defense system involved trying to get the narrator to feel sorry for her.
- Crazy-Prepared: Amber Night has a rather... interesting tool set.
- When Nutellina came to Moodbeam's aid, Amber Night not only knew the pony's one weakness, but happened to have a jar of Nutella on hand, which she used to distract Nutellina.
- The eponymous Amber was savvy enough keep a complete recording of her quest as she set about her quest, which she made use of when she needed to blackmail the princesses into giving her the Pop Tarts. It didn't quite work, but apparently somepony was willing to pay more than the worth of the Canterlot Castle for it.
- Long Title
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Amber Night. And Moodbeam to an extent.
- That Makes Me Feel Angry: "Your action has caused boundless dejection in my cardiovascular organ!"
- There Was a Door: It is implied that Princess Luna made her first appearance by creating a "new doorway in the wall".
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Moodbeam is apparently deadly afraid of travelling through the state of Pennsylvania. This isn't elaborated on, however."The Pop Tarts were changing hands again, but this time to pony so grandiloquent, so metacognitive, and so downright penntransitphobic that Amber instantly saw her chances of safely reacquiring her luncheon diminish rapidly."