Agent Loki: International Man of Mayhem by Dee is an exceptional 13-part series of The Avengers/Thor fanfics exploring the idea of What if S.H.I.E.L.D. kept Loki instead of sending him back to Asgard and rather than keeping him in a cell forever decided to make use of him? Notable, among other things, for mostly being written as a Second-Person Narration from Loki's point of view.
Also has a number of outakes and deleted scenes.
It is with great regret that we inform you that Dee has recently taken down the story, and indeed, all her work from aO3.
Copies are given out on a case-by-case basis by at least one person who saved all main fics, two of the side stories, and Small Things. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another way to read all 13 parts of the story and 6 other side stories would be to download it from this site: https://archive.org/details/alisdeeagentloki
- Action Mom: Maria Hill.
- Eventually, Loki. It Makes Sense in Context.
- Alien Catnip: Loki gets high on honey.
- Anti-Hero: Loki is a Type IV, sometimes verging on Type III.
- Well, except for those instances where he's undeniably a Villain Protagonist.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Jane Foster.
- Bad Guys Do the Dirty Work: Why SHIELD recruits Loki.
- Benevolent Boss: Fury.
- Blade on a Stick: After Loki starts working with SHIELD and they let him have the Chitauri spear (which is also a Boom Stick) back, hes rather keen on it.
- Blood Is the New Black: Loki, sometimes.
- Blue and Orange Morality: SHIELD's psychologists believe Loki has this.
- Chronic Villainy: Loki's trying to break out of this (with limited success).
- Distant Finale: Cry Wolf (The Longest Con) takes place 100 years after the rest of the series.
- Does Not Like Shoes: It isn't that Loki doesn't like them, per se, he just forgets that he needs to put them on.
- Evil Gloating: Loki has a tendency to do this. Even when he isn't acutally being evil.
- Functional Magic: Also called thaumathurgy. Mostly employed by Loki, but can theoretically be used by anyone.
- It's All About Me: Loki comments that "Stark cant go anywhere or do anything without a busload of retainers, a pyrotechnics display, and a rock concert."
- Lack of Empathy: Loki. Cognitive Empathy is a hard-learnt skill for him and he doesnt really experience affective empathy at all. His brain just isnt biologically built that way.
- Master of Disguise: Loki, particularly in Serpents On A Helicarrier.
- Music Magic: Although not the only form of magic in the series, Lokis singing is in fact a mind control spell. Well it can be.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Why Loki chooses to work with SHIELD. Also perhaps why Sigyn turns against Asgard.
- Noodle Incident: The Childhood Incident between Loki and Thor.
- Odd Friendship: Loki and Coulson. Actually, Loki and anyone.
- One-Gender Race: The Jotun. Maybe.
- Order Versus Chaos: Arguably the main theme throughout the 'verse. And Loki is Entropy's Cosmic Plaything.
- Polyamorous: Jane loves both Thor and Loki and sleeps with both of them. She also ends up marrying Dr. Keith Kincaid who can offer her the kind of stable romantic relationship and reliability neither of the aliens can.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Self-proclaimed princess Jo Hill certainly thinks so. Apparently it's part of the Princess Code only to eat pink food.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Fury. And how.
- Recruiting the Criminal: SHIELD doing this is the foundation of the whole story verse.
- Retirony: A theme in Make It Double.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Loki, eventually.
- Second-Person Narration: Done very effectively.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The Asgardians.
- Shout-Out: Serpents on a Helicarrier is made of this. From the title, to Lokis pseudonym Steve Pinkerton, to the Galaga arcade machine. Elsewhere we get Nick Fury in a pink wig.
- Smart People Play Chess And Tafl: Jane and Loki.
- Sociopathic Hero: Loki. He's been diagnosed.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Serpents On A Helicarrier memorably describes the Casket of Ancient Winters as 'the Platonic fucking ideal of really fucking cold as balls.'
- Token Evil Teammate: Loki for SHIELD.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: The Caught Creek Codex. Which is on an iPad.
- Transgender : While its not made a big deal of Sigyn is a non-operative trans woman. This isnt so easy on Asgard with its rigid gender roles, so its one of the reasons she ends up preferring Earth.
- There Are No Therapists In Asgard
- On Earth, on the other hand ...
- Unreliable Narrator: Again, done very effectively.
- Villains Act, Heroes React
- Wants a Prize for Basic Decency: Loki.
- Weapon of Choice: Loki's sceptre.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Pulled off in a genuinely alien-seeming manner; Loki seems to think love instead of feeling it.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Loki's speciality. He pulls it off against Thanos. With his eyes and heart gone.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Indeed.