Lavender Lace and her best friend Fuschia Blush form a band with the Great and Powerful Trixie — Trixie and the Illusions.
A World of Illusions provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Trixie's explicit ontology is that reality is merely an illusion, which the strong-minded and special can manipulate like any other illusion. Her theory is similar in fundamental premise to Buddhism, and Trixie may well have gotten the idea from the Humanoidverse version of Buddhism — but the conclusion she draws from it is that she is a special person who can wield True Magic.
- Aura Vision: Lavender Lace has a variant of this power. She can see imaginativeness. This is part of the reason why she's fascinated by Trixie, who glows like a beacon to her extra sense. Lavender Lace is unaware of what it is exactly that she's seeing, and her perception can be fooled by her desires (which is why more boys than girls seem to "glow").
- Cloudcuckoolander: The Mystic and Subjectivist Trixie rejects your boring objective reality and rises above it by virtue of her specialness! Both Lavender and Fuschia are convinced that Trixie is crazy, but enjoy her company anyway.
- The Cloudcuckoolander Was Right: Trixie is actually an Aspect of The Angel of Illusion, a Cosmic being who really is special and can warp reality.
- Girl Group: Trixie and the Illusions.
- Hot for Teacher: Trixie, toward her mentor Piercing Gaze.
- Lower-Deck Episode: The two main characters, Lavender Lace and Fuschia Blush, are unnamed background characters in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks, mere members of Trixie and the Illusions who act only as Trixie's minions. The story focuses on their personalities and dreams.
- Mentor Ship: Both Lavender and Fuschia believe this of Trixie and Piercing, even though in fact absolutely nothing is going on yet.
- Merlin and Nimue: What Piercing and Trixie's relationship seems likely to develop into. Whether or not the "betrayal" arc will kick in remains to be seen.
- Superior Successor: Trixie, to Piercing Gaze. Despite her arrogance, Trixie does not yet realize this, while Piercing has known it to be true since the moment he met her, almost four years ago.