The Fic involves a young woman named Keisha Jones, a Black and Nerdy girl who's obsessed with everything associated with Dragonball Z (An quite a few other things, but mostly Dragonball Z). When going to bed one night, she sees a shooting star and with nothing lose, wishes to be in the DBZ Universe.
Be Careful What You Wish For is in definite play here, as she wakes up in field and while she does end up meeting the Z-Fighters, she's unfortunately dragged a creature from her nightmares and finds that she may not be able to integrate in the universe as she may like.
The Fic starts at The Trunks Saga, but Author is planning on rewriting it to start at the Garlic Jr Saga. The Author, despite the long time between updates, has stated that fic is not a Dead Fic. He has since rebooted the story.
The work contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Keisha laments that one of her foster homes was abusive, a scar still on her knee to prove it.
- Ascended Extra: The Author promises this for Yamcha, Tien, Chiatzu and Maron.
- Affirmative Action Girl: This is what Keisha plans on becoming for the Z-fighters.
- Alpha Bitch: Keisha's boss Emily is described as one.
- All There in the Manual: It's not stated in the actual story, but in the Author's notes what Keisha's middle name is (It's Monique.)
- Ambiguous Gender: The Bashirah, while having a feminine appearance, is apparently this to the characters, Keisha included.
- Black and Nerdy: Keisha is described as African-American and is follows a few qualities of The Hollywood Nerd.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: a big part of the plot.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Keisha thinks that this may be possible concerning her birth parents.
- Designated Girl Fight: The Author has stated that Keisha will face off against Android 18 later in the story.
- Deadpan Snarker: Keisha has her moments, especially around Vegeta and Bulma.
- Evil Redhead: The Bashirah.
- Original Character: The main protagonist Keisha and the evil monster Bashirah.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Krillin mistakes the Bashirah for a Vampire.
- Parental Abandonment: Played Straight. Keisha's parents left her and she was shifted through different foster homes throughout out her life.
- The Unseen: Emily, Keisha's boss.