Note: This article assumes that you have already played through A Link Between Worlds; thus, all spoilers regarding the game's plot will be unmarked. You Have Been Warned.
A Link Between Worlds: The Novelization contains examples of the following tropes:
- Adaptation Expansion: While it follows the story of the game closely, it also adds in scenes of Yuga actually capturing the Sages, while in the game, his doing so was Offstage Villainy.
- And I Must Scream: It's outright confirmed that those Yuga transforms into paintings are fully conscious of their surroundings and condition. In the second chapter, Link sees the eyes of one such painting move.
- Blood Upgrade: In chapter 10, Yuga flies into a rage when Link gives him a clean cut across the eye with the Master Sword.Yuga: You... mongrel! You dare leave a scar on this face?! I'll end you! I'll destroy every part of you! I'll kill you!
- Orphaned Etymology: Oddly enough, Hilda makes a reference to The Bible when she comments on Ravio's return at the end.Hilda: So, the prodigal son returns. Shall I kill the fatted calf and present a coat of many colors?
- Pitiful Worms: As in the game, Yuga is literally incapable of opening his mouth without comparing everyone around him to worms and insects.
- Shout-Out: The last exchange between Link and Yuga Ganon before the latter's death is a reference to an episode of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
- Title: The Adaptation: The fic is a novelization of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds video game.