The Magical World is declining as the Collective Consciousness of Humanity embraces modern technology. During that time, a Fool begins her journey by enrolling in Luna Nova to follow her missing idol's footsteps. Can she rekindle people's believe in magic once more? (She probably needs to study first though...)
A Fool's Study Into Witchcraft is a Little Witch Academia and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona crossover written by 741AuthorNCS. The story features Akko arriving at Luna Nova possessing the power of the Wild Card.
The trope page will no longer be updated due to the request of 741AuthorNCS. (Unless it is me or she doing it.- Artist741)
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- Adaptational Badass: Akko, by way of possessing the power of the Wild Card.
- Adaptational Intelligence: More like "Adaptational Book Smarts." Aradia is adamant about Akko taking her schoolwork seriously, so Akko comes across a bit smarter than before.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Sucy is a lot friendlier to Akko early on, because her Made of Iron status makes her a much better guinea pig and the Cognitive World provides her access to new and ludicrously rare poisons.
- Always Someone Better: Diana sees Akko as this, not completely understanding that Personas and Magic are completely different from each other.
- Character Development: When Aradia points out that Ursula is hiding something from Akko, Akko decides not to call her on it, considering that something similar is what placed Diana in severe danger.
- The Cameo: Some of the minor denizens of Inaba, and Aika.
- Contrasting Sequel Protagonist: Invoked by Akko. Chronologically, the fic takes place following the "Phantom Thieves Incident" and Akko is aware of their powers. Rather than stealing peoples hearts to change them, she wants to inspire change through her shows.
- Damsel in Distress: Diana is abducted by her Shadow, requiring Akko, Lotte, Sucy, and Amanda to go in and rescue her.
- Foreshadowing: Professor Ursula's Arcana is The Hermit.
- Power Incontinence: Akko has trouble controlling Aradia, who will attack anything that she sees as a threat to Akko.
- Miss Exposition: Akko serves as this for Lotte and Sucy.
- Mundane Utility: Akko uses her incredible powers to make money by beating up shadows.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Akko has this reaction when she realizes that her attempt to befriend Diana is what got her kidnapped by her Shadow.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: When Akko recognizes Diana from Shiny Chariot's show, she instantly blows her charade of disinterest with photographic evidence. This severe hit to Diana's reputation, coupled with Akko's unique powers that she is unable to match, leads to Diana's abduction by her Shadow.
- Off the Rails: Jumps them fairly early on, when Akko is forced to summon Aradia to fend off the Cockatrice.
- Outside-Context Problem: Akko's Personas serve as this to the Luna Nova staff and students.
- Shout-Out: Ursula claims to be descended from a tribe of "Umbran Witches" that once worshiped Aradia.
- Spirit Advisor: Aradia is her own character, and she frequently provides Akko with advice and explanations.
- Wild Mass Guessing: In-Universe, Akko speculates that Aika might be a witch or a Persona-user due to her ability to make deliveries.
- You Do Not Want To Know: Whatever it was that happened when Akko encountered that train molester.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Akko uses this in conjunction with her Believing Heart to great effect in the Cognitive World.