"How am I supposed to focus on marching when my drum major is a freaking goddess?"-Anna
A Date With the Drum Major contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Anna of course—even more so than in canon.
- Alternate Universe: A college marching band unrelated!Elsanna universe, to be exact.
- High School A.U.: University AU, to be more precise.
- Based on a True Story: The fanfic is somewhat based off of the author's own experience, though not strictly following it.
- Crossover: Not necessarily in the most direct sense of the word, but characters from other animated films, mostly Disney, make appearances. Including Flynn as a the trumpet section leader and Merida as a fellow trumpet player.
- I Call It "Vera": Anna's trumpet, named Olaf.
- Like Brother and Sister: Anna and Kristoff's relationship. As stated by Anna, it's a "broTP"
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Played for Laughs with Flynn:Flynn: *to Anna* My name's Eugene—Rest of the room: *in near-unison* Who's Eugene?Flynn: —but everyone here calls me Flynn.Rest of the room: *over-dramatically* Ohhhhhhhh.
- Shipper on Deck; Kristoff seems to come off as this with this exchange in Chapter 6:Kristoff: Hey, hey, don't go making any conclusions. Talk to her first. Why bother guessing how she feels when you can just ask?Anna: It's not as easy as it sounds. When I saw her today all I could think of was her closing her eyes and leaning in to kiss me.Kristoff: That's pretty hot.Anna: *hits him with a flurry of punches* UGH you're the absolute worst!
- Team Mom: Elsa considers herself this as the drum major to her "150-person family".