Shortly after the events that transpired in Batman: Arkham City, Batman has been called on to tackle another villain, Morgaine Le Fay, who planed on opening a portal to hell, and pulling the greatest warriors of hell forth to conquer Earth, and any other planet. Naturally, Batman stops her, but to do so, he had to destroy the dimensional stone that was keeping it stable, stopping the army from coming, but also sending both him and Morgaine to another dimension in the process, which just so happened to be Equestria.
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- Animorphism: Played with. When Batman first came to Equestria, he dreamt that he turned into a pony, only to wake up and find he maintained his human shape.
- Chekhov's Army: Let's just say, Batman unintentionally gained a lot of allies. They helped out quite a bit when Morgaine attacked Canterlot.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Antirangs. Since Batman first used them in his first battle against Morgaine, he's put them to good use against magical creatures, as well as Princess Luna. For that matter, so has Scootaloo.
- Continuity Nod: Fluttershy, who was able to stare down a cockatrice, couldn't do the same to Batman.
- Infinite Supplies: Subverted. Batman did have to take stock after transporting to a place where he wouldn't have access to his Cool Toys, and did run out during Morgaine's attack on Canterlot.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Batman clearly doesn't have much faith in the Equestrians, but he does work with them to stop Morgaine. Lampshaded by Twilight.Twilight Sparkle: "That's it? You risked your own life and the chance of being captured simply because we 'needed help'?"Batman: "Yes."
- Took a Level in Badass: Scootaloo, who could barely fly thanks to a muscular disorder and was unsure about herself, eventually became Batmare.
- "What Do They Fear?" Episode: Chapters 23, aptly named Face Your Fear, and 24, and this time it has nothing to do with Scarecrow. This time, it's just a Temple of Fear that has a crystal that forces you to face your worst fear. Alone. While your companions are forced to spectate and you're forced to forget that it's all an illusion. Naturally, they all get through it with little to no scars. And then Morgaine shows up.