Taking place a week after A Canterlot Wedding, Twilight is plagued with nightmares that leads her to believe that the Changelings are still a threat. It's later found out that she has PTSD not just from the Changeling invasion itself but the fact that her friends, her brother, and Princess Celestia all abandoned her for the impostor.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Accusation Fic: A subtle one but it calls out Twilight's friends, mentor and her brother out on their actions.
- Bittersweet Ending: Twilight stays in Ponyville with her friends, but still has PTSD. Thankfully, she's slowly growing to recover from it.
- Call-Back: Twilight recites certain friendship reports during her shock.
- Comic-Book Adaptation: Inverted; the First Nightmare in the Prolouge chapter is Based on this Fan Comic
- Disappointed in You: Both Twilight Velvet and Night Light scold at Shining Armor's actions at his sister.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The Canterlot citizens are demanding that Celestia should step down and Twilight should be their leader because she saw the signs of the Changeling invasion.
- Dope Slap: Applejack does this twice to Spike when he inadvertently reveals how Shining Armor treated her at the rehearsal to Cadence.Spike: Hey, why are you girls blaming yourselves? Shining Armor's the one who kicked Twilight out of his wedding. [smack] Ow! What?!Cadence: What?! But...But how? Twilight was present at our wedding. She was our best mare.Spike: Well, she wasn't going to be after the wedding rehearsal. [smack] Ow! What?!
- Earn Your Happy Ending: By the end of the story, Twilight's nightmares have stopped (or at least subsided) and while she's still grappling with PTSD, she chooses to stay with her loved ones in Ponyville who've all promised to help her get through it.
- Hurt/Comfort Fic: A good example of this.
- It's All My Fault: Each of Twilight's friends beat themselves up over how much emotional pain they've caused her.
- Left Hanging: A subplot of a revolution in Canterlot where the citizens demand to have Twilight take the throne doesn't get resolved.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Nearly everyone had this go through their heads in this story.
- The Shrink: Twilight's taken to see one after a rather awful incident with her PTSD.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: When Twilight is heading back to Canterlot, she is slipping into shock.
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Twilight was briefly hallucinating that her Friends were Changelings before she was snapped out of it.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: It's unknown what happens to the citizens of Canterlot when they were told about the underground tunnels.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
Cadence: You think you can help Twilight when you were the ones who did this to her?!Rainbow Dash: We're just trying to correct our mistakes.Cadence: You can't! You just...cant! You...You animals!
- Cadance calls them out on how horrible they were on leaving her behind.
- Twilight Velvet and Night Light gave one to Shining Armor as well.