After Lincoln begins to feel like a burden and a failure to his family he wants to try and surprise them with presents but finds himself in debt and working for a shady business practice, doing various tasks. Will he tell his family? Will he be able to shake his depression? Will he be able to tolerate the work? If not, can he keep it secret?
This fanfic has examples of these tropes:
- Babies Ever After: The story ends with Lincoln working with Ronnie Anne to fulfill his promise... of having 20 children with her. Already having given her a son, and they are expecting quintuplet girls.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Each mafia has a gemstone (Ruby, Topaz or Emerald) and a theme, Lincoln joins the Ruby Animal one.
- Darker and Edgier: Simply put, Lincoln, and some sisters, join the mafia. Yeah, it qualifies.
- The siblings are put in harm's way multiple times.
- Evil Twin: Lincada.
- Suicidal Pacifism: What people describe Lincoln's early actions as.
- Supreme Chef: One of Lincoln's first jobs for the mafia is working at the most exclusive restaurant in town. He starts off on cleaning and waiting tables, but by the end of it, is preparing gourmet food perfectly.
- Take a Third Option: When told that in the world he's entering, it's "kill or be killed", Lincoln chooses the pacifist route.
- The Mafia: Who Lincoln (and some of his sisters) end up working for to pay his debt.
- Time Skip: Lincoln wakes up from a coma he believes lasted only a few days and is shocked to find a whole year has passed. The entire family joined the Ruby Animal Mafia and he was named leader of said mafia while asleep.
- Unwitting Pawn: How Lincoln ends up in the mafia in the first place.
- Work Off the Debt: What Lincoln needs to do to pay his debt.