Robert Callaghan and Cass Hamada find themselves falling in love and marrying. How will their new family affect the future?
Can be read here.
A Big Hero 6 Patchwork contains examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: Cass calls her sister-in-law Emily Emi-chan.
- Big Brother Instinct: Tadashi towards Hiro natch. In the first chapter alone, despite being badly banged up from the car accident that killed his parents, Tadashi immediately dashes to Hiro's side when the toddler becomes distressed in his sleep.
- Cool Big Sis: Abigail is shaping up to being one to Tadashi and Hiro.
- Daddy's Girl: Abigail is shaping up to being one of these.
- Foreshadowing: Possibly. After seeing Tadashi soothe Hiro back to sleep, Cass becomes certain that her nephews are destined for great things; one of them is becoming superheroes.
- For Want of a Nail: Though it doesn't happen right away, this AU is built on the idea of Professor Callaghan and Cass meeting and marrying, leading to Abigail, Tadashi and Hiro becoming siblings.
- Other nails include Callaghan being ex-military and Cass being an ex-delinquent.
- Former Teen Rebel: Cass. She's since shaped up though.
- The Lost Lenore: Joan Callaghan, Professor Callaghan's first wife who died in childbirth.
- Mama Bear: Cass towards the boys. The very idea of them going into foster care sends her into a furious tirade which convinces the doctor she'll take care of them.
- Noodle Incident: Joan apparently won Callaghan's heart by flinging a banana split into his face.
- Papa Wolf: Callaghan towards Abigail natch.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Hiro is hinted to be good at these.
- Tender Tears: Tadashi's reaction to asking his aunt about his parents' fate after the car accident.