- Tales of Destiny 2: Judging by the amount of Harold/Judas fan art on Pixiv, Judas is the only person anyone ships Harold with and vice versa. Though the fact that Judas is Leon complicates the issue, as Leon/Stahn and Leon/Marian are both very popular.
- Tales of Symphonia has lots of popular pairings, but Sheena/Lloyd is the most popular (opposite the semi Official Couple of Lloyd and Colette).
- Tales of Rebirth: Annie might be a Launcher of a Thousand Ships, but Annie/Mao and Annie/Tytree stand out as her most popular ships in the fandom.
- A great many Tales of Legendia:
- Fans in the West prefer Senel/Chloe to the heavily implied Senel/Shirley. After all, Senel and Chloe spend most of the game getting to know one another and discovering what they have in common (though, ironically enough, their similarities are used in-game as the chief reason they can't end up together). Meanwhile, Senel introduces Shirley as his sister, was in a relationship with Shirley's actual sister, and when he spurns Shirley for her dead sister, she turns into a Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds who almost floods the world.
- In Japan, it's less of a Fan-Preferred Couple and more on par with Senel/Shirley in terms of Ship-to-Ship Combat. The official crossover spin-offs to the Tales series constantly flip-flop between supporting Senel/Shirley or Senel/Chloe depending on the development staff.
- Jay/Norma has a surprising amount of fan following in Japanese fandom.
- In Tales of the Abyss, Luke/Tear. One of the few examples in the entire Tales series where the Fan-Preferred Couple (Ho Yay pairings notwithstanding) is completely supported by the canon. In the case of side couple Peony/Nephry, Peony's canonically still pining after her even after ten years, but there's a lot more visible shipping activity for him and Jade. (Weirder still if you consider that Jade is Nephry's brother.)
- This mostly applies to Nephry/Peony as Luke and Tear make it crystal clear theyre in love- Tear outright says it and Luke writes it in his diary/synopsis. If you count Tear and Luke, then Asch/Natalia counts.
- Tales of Vesperia:
- Yuri x Judith is much more popular than Yuri x Estelle, probably because they're both Blood Knights with a fair bit of flirting and snark between them. This balance seems to be reversed in Japan, where Yuri x Estelle is the most popular pairing by far and Yuri x Judith is almost nonexistent.
- The large amounts of Ho Yay in-game have also led to Ristelle and Fluri. That Yuri's original VA is a vocal supporter of both, as well as an outspoken supporter of Yuri and Estelle having a sibling like relationship helps too. Not to mention that BONNIE PINK has gone on record saying that the Japanese opening ended up being a love song about Yuri and Flynn from Estelle's perspective.
- Rita x Raven is also fairly popular, which has just as many fans reaching for the Brain Bleach given that she's underage and he's technically kinda sorta zombified, and if he wasn't, he's still way older than her.
- She frequently beats him up, but then maybe that's just supposed to be endearing in a couple.
- Tales of Zestiria:
- Sorey and Mikleo are often paired together in many fanworks — pretty much every site you go about the game has fanwork and discussion on the pair.
- Zaveid and Lailah are a pretty strongly-loved ship from the fandom as well. One reason is that they're both older than the rest of the party, and have subtle shipping with each other. Zaveid flirts with her often, and Lailah at one point assumes he's asking her out. Fanon likes to treat them like parents to the other party members.
- Rose is commonly paired up Dezel (though with Dezel it's almost exclusively Rose if paired up with anyone at all). Some anime watchers instead paired her up with Alisha, especially after their dynamic in the ufotable anime, though the pair has had its fans before the start of the anime as Rose/Alisha was a common beta pair to Sorey/Mikleo in many fan fictions if that spot wasn't taken by Rose/Dezel.
- When Alisha is not being paired up with Rose fans will typically place her with Sergei.
- Eizen/Zavied although the popularity of the pairing skyrocketed when Tales of Berseria came around it was still decently popular with fans before that as there was fanart and fanfictions of the two before we knew what Eizen even looked like before his dragon form
- Tales of Berseria:
- After the fifth episode of the Zestiria anime, Velvet/Rokuro has gained quite a bit of popularity, due to many flirty Unresolved Sexual Tension moments between them. It also helps that the reason why Rokurou sticks with Velvet through the story (even after he defeats Shigure, his main goal in the game) is because he wants to pay the debt he supposedly owes to her (for telling him where his sword was and for freeing him from Titania) until the end, unlike the other members of the party who either joined Velvet's revenge quest either due a common enemy (Eizen), being kidnapped by her (Laphicet and Eleanor), or because they didn't have anything better to do (Magilou).
- Zaveid/Eizen was already popular in Zestiria. Now that Eizen is going to appear as a Malak rather than a Dragon in Berseria the ship has gained an even larger following. The fact we get to see Zavied make The Promise to put Eizen down if he ever became a dragon which he fulfills in Zestiria fuels it.
- Velvet/Eleanor is another pairing that has gained popularity as there is quite a bit of fanwork of them with some of the western fans calling them "Laphicet's moms", with their obvious affection for him. The fact that she is on her knees in front of Velvet before she officially joins the party adds to that. It helps that Velvet acts more like a female dad towards Laphicet. Additionally, while the two are foils to each other, they are also Not So Different in other ways. The fact that Velvet speaks to Eleanor in private during the night before the final battle while confining to Eleanor that she might not survive the aftermath and asking her to take care of Laphicet adds to it.
- As of the game's release, Eleanor/Rokurou has gained popularity due to the fact that they have a very fun relationship, with Rokurou constantly teasing Eleanor throughout the story. Rokurou even teases the idea of the two of them going on a possible date in one of the skits after Shigure's defeat. During their last pre-final battle skit, the two of them speak to each other about the future. It also helps that out of the four party members left at the end of the game, they are the only party members not Doomed by Canon.
- Tales of the World: Each incarnation of the Descender and Kanonno seem to be pretty popular.
Fan Preferred Couple / Tales Series