- For a time in the Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem fandom, people greatly preferred Marth with Catria instead of his canon girlfriend and eventual wife Caeda/Shiida, whom they preferred to pair with Ogma. In an aversion of Die for Our Ship, they get along with Marth/Caeda fans, though.
- Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War has the Seliph/Julia pairing. Because Seliph and Julia are actually half-siblings, they can't be paired up through normal means, but rather start at a nearly full relationship meter that gradually decreases. Despite this, many fans prefer to pair them together as there are many Ship Tease moments between the two, mostly in the form of Shipper on Deck comments. Also, it is technically possible to circumvent the decreasing love meter by exploiting a glitch in the "jealousy" system.
- The Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn sector has a large faction of fans who still wish Ike and Elincia had gotten married instead of Elincia marrying her loyal knight Geoffrey and Ike leaving the continent either alone or with Soren or Ranulf. From the 10th game, pairing Micaiah with Pelleas is preferred to the canon Sothe/Micaiah.
- Fire Emblem Awakening, due to the massive amount of in-game marriage potential, generally doesn't apply, but there are some exceptions, mainly Basilio/Flavia and Maribelle/Lissa, both of whom have a very solid relationship in their Supports and in-story scenes, yet cannot be paired up.
- Fire Emblem Fates has Ryoma and Scarlet, who receive a fair amount of Ship Tease, especially during Revelation, in which Scarlet ends up suffering a Plotline Death shortly after her introduction, and otherwise can only support with the Avatar. Despite this, fans also enjoy pairing the two together.
Fan Preferred Couple / Fire Emblem