Your servant, Mistress is a Maleficent fanfic on Archive of Our Own, by Mawgon. It's a Transplanted Character Fic, wherein all protagonists are human and live in the real world. The plot, in short: Diaval and Maleficent are both into BDSM; Diaval is submissive and Maleficent is dominant. The plot is that of the original, with changes made as fits the changed setting.
The short description on Archive of Our Own reads as follows:
When twenty-two year old Diaval ventures into the BDSM-community, he soon realizes that it's not all love, peace and harmony; there is evil, even in this subculture that he thought would be accepting of his desires. When a man with a dog-like face makes it clear that he considers all submissives his slaves, and tries to bully Diaval around, Maleficent steps in. Diaval is spellbound by the queenly woman, and offers his service. His protector is embittered, cold and distant, but Diaval has his own sad past to cope with, and yearns for the safety and peace that Maleficent offers. In his craving for love, he claims to have no limits, save one; under no circumstances will he ever wear a dog collar.
This Fanfic contains examples of:
- Adaptational Jerkass: After Stefan raped Maleficent, Knotgrass (her aunt in the fic) engaged in victim blaming.Maleficent: My aunt explained to me that I am a slut, and refused to drive me to a doctor.
- Bondage Is Bad: Subverted. Diaval gets interested in BDSM and the first person he talks to is a man who uses BDSM as an excuse for abusive behaviour. When this man tries to convince Diaval that a real submissive would just obey every random dude and not want boundaries, Maleficent appears and "saves" Diaval, who offers to be her servant. She accepts and they start a BDSM relationship wherein Maleficent treats Diaval like a beloved pet while he does everything in his power to protect her from this story's version of King Stefan.
- Brains and Bondage: Maleficent and Diaval meet at a BDSM party, and Maleficent falls for Diaval in part because he's so educated and well-spoken. They like to discuss the exact meaning of the word "lady", and why, or why not Maleficent isn't or is a lady. (She says she isn't, which he interprets as her not being nobility, and points out that she does behave in a noble way, and thus is a lady after all.)
- Chocolate of Romance: Diaval gives Maleficent a chocolate cake. This causes some conflict as she doesn't want to be bribed into loving him... and has good reason to distrust food given to her by men. She makes him taste it first. It is not drugged. He happily eats it out of her hand.
- Hates Being Touched: Maleficent, because of what Stefan did to her. She eventually deigns to let Diaval kiss her hand, and that is about as much touching as she can endure.
- All Women Are Doms, All Men Are Subs: Played straight with Maleficent and Diaval though averted with other people they meet; Diaval mentions that he feared he would not find a female dom at all.
- The inversion of this trope in real life is discussed by the characters - Diaval is initially mistaken for a dom by some jerk who believes that women are "naturally submissive". After Diaval clarifies that he is a sub, the other man treats him with disdain. Maleficent later comments that she is happy to have found a man who is really submissive and doesn't try to tell her how she should dominate him.
- Hurt/Comfort Fic: Maleficent and Diaval both need comfort, and take turns at providing it.
- I Kiss Your Hand: Diaval kisses Maleficent's hand.
- Love at First Sight: When he humbly bows to her and offers his services, she's smitten. Diaval admires her attire and the cool arrogance with which she verbally crushes a man who had insulted him. Maybe more lust at first sight, but they both act incredibly polite and discreet about it, and it does grow into love quickly as they are shown to care about each other emotionally, too.
- Rape as Backstory: In the past, Stefan dragged Maleficent and raped her.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Diaval's not a raven-turned-human anymore but he retains the look. Maleficent says he's handsome and he knows it.
- Related in the Adaptation: Knotgrass is Maleficent's aunt here.
- Safe Word: Averted. Diaval asks to be given a safeword, and Maleficent tells him that his safeword is "no", or any other indication that he wants to stop - she isn't into rape-play and thus sees no need for a safeword. She offers him that he can choose one if that makes him feel better, though.
- Technical Virgin:
- Diaval becomes Maleficent's submissive partner, and an his virginity increasingly technical. His initial hangups quickly become irrelevant as he enjoys the not-sex they're having very much.
- Maleficent is an inversion; her hymen may not be intact, but rape doesn't count.
- Transplanted Character Fic: All the characters from Maleficent are human and live in the real world.