The fanart that inspired this fic. note
"Soon...Soon, all my pairings will become canon."
— Professor Ozpin
Wizard Of Ships is a RWBY Crack Fic by General RTS. It outlines Professor Ozpin's attempts to ship his students together.
The following tropes can be found in Wizard Of Ships:
- Babies Ever After: Both Pyrrha and Cinder settled down with their husband and had many blonde haired children together.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension:
- Ozpin made Ruby leader to fuel this between her and Weiss.
- Mercury and Emerald still insist they're just "friends". No one believes them.
- Blatant Lies: When Ruby discovers his Shipping Notebook, Ozpin decides to try and pretend it isn't his...even when Ruby points out that his name is written on the cover.
- Ozpin claims the secret surveillance cameras in the dorms are actually a backup in case someone (like Cinder) ever decided to hack the main system, and NOT a way to monitor and manipulate students into entering relationships together.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Ozpin dodges accusations of being manipulative by pointing out that Ren and Nora, being this trope, 'were already together' long before he ever met them. Jaune reluctantly agrees.
- Cry Cute: Ozpin and Glynda, after she was dumped by Ironwood in their younger days. Qrow has a picture of it.
- Die for Our Ship: Invoked. Ozpin is horrified when Neptune and Weiss flirt, but can't think of a way to kill him without causing an international incident. Glynda convinces him not to.
- Qrow then explains that Neptune, being a Casanova Wannabe, would inevitably break Weiss' heart, causing her to fall right into Ruby's arms (which is Ozpin's preferred ship).
- Expy: And Title Drop, Ozpin is a shipper that interests multiple pairings.
- The Extremist Was Right: Ozpin has an epic Motive Rant to this effect in Chapter 2. It convinces Jaune not to oppose his machinations.
"You won't get away with this!"
"Won't I, Mr. Arc? Won't I?" Ozpin challenged. "Because I think you will find that I very much will. For you see Mr. Arc, no matter how disturbingly deviant or diabolically deceitful you might find my actions, the truth of the matter is that you. are. happy.
Ultimately, you are blissfully content with the outcome of my machinations just like the other members of Team RWBY and JNPR. And deep in your heart, you know that if you had the chance go back in time and stop me, you wouldn't. You are happy with the partner and the team you ended up with. You wouldn't have it any other way nor could you ever bring yourself to regret them no matter how this good fortune came about. So tell me Mr. Arc, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO!?
- Happily Ever After: The entire epilogue. No one is left behind.
- It Amused Me: Ozpin allowed Jaune into Beacon because he thought Jaune would make a good romcom protagonist.
Jaune stared at Ozpin in disbelief. "You accepted me into your school
despite knowing full-well my transcripts were fake
because you thought my love life would be funny!"
- Love Redeems: How did Ozpin successfully stop Cinder's evil masterplan? By shipping her with Jaune Arc.
- Man Behind the Man: While Ozpin is dedicated to shipping his students, Qrow ships on a much bigger scale and is the one who taught Ozpin to ship.
- The Mentor: Qrow is Ozpin's mentor in the ways of matchmaking. He later becomes one for Nora who succeeds him as the next generation Ship-Master.
- Morality Pet: Glynda is the only person who can get Ozpin to see reason where shipping is concerned.
- Oblivious to Love: Ozpin is oblivious to Glynda's...although that doesn't stop her from taking him on a date. It's implied that Qrow is shipping them behind the scenes.
- Only Sane Man: Glynda is the only character who's opposed to Ozpin's shipping and not a part of it. She eventually enters a relationship with Ozpin, different in that it came into being without any of Ozpin's manipulations.
- Ship Mates: The reason why Ozpin is annoyed by Neptune's flirting is because it messes up his neat pairings. note
- Shipper on Deck: Ozpin and Qrow.
- Shout-Out: Ozpin's justification for shipping Jaune with Pyrrha is that a similar pairing worked in Rosario + Vampire.
- Take That!: The fic takes a few potshots at the common fan theory that Ozpin let Jaune into Beacon because he 'recognized his potential'.
- The Chessmaster: Ozpin, who openly aspires to be like Aizen and Lelouch. He has several long speeches about how everything romantic that happens in Beacon can somehow be traced back to him.
- The Power of Love: Discussed in Chapter 2.
"Sir, I don't think love is a physical force that can stop us from being mauled by a grimm."
- Tsundere: Discussed. Ozpin specifically identifies Weiss as a type A.
- You're Insane!: Jaune accuses Ozpin of this. (Ozpin's response can be simplified as: "Perhaps, but I'm right.")