Witchcraft Pretty Cure is a Pretty Cure Elsewhere Fic project by Cure_Shabon. It's unusual in that it fuses the Magical Girl Warrior set-up that is typical of the franchise with the more traditional Cute Witch archetype, and also includes truckloads of Gratuitous Latin.
Millennia ago, an evil sorceress known as Auguratricis Tenebris Nyx and her minions, the Night Demons, attempted to take over the realm of Magicia, but wind up entombed by its queen, Auguratricis Lucis Diana, in the then-undeveloped realm of Humania, otherwise known as Earth. In the present day, though, they are accidentally freed by a passing-through nomad and plan to continue their mission. Knowing this, Diana sends her three apprentices to Humania and grants them the power to transform into legendary sorceress warriors known as Pretty Cure.
The team consists of:
- Daphne (Cure Cattleya): A calm, collected and studious Plucky Girl who is painfully loyal to Diana and always works hard in improving her magic prowess. Doubles as The Hero and The Smart Guy. Specializes in earth magic and goes by Ibuki Mano in human disguise.
- Jetti (Cure Tempest): A stubborn and brash Blood Knight who isn't much of a thinker and often butts heads with Daphne due to their different ideals. Doubles as The Lancer and The Big Girl. Specializes in sky magic and goes by Hayate Jingu in human disguise.
- Shellsea (Cure Anemone): The youngest of the trio, an innocent Actual Pacifist Nice Girl with occasional crybaby tendencies. Doubles as The Chick and The Heart. Specializes in sea magic and goes by Awa Yunomoto in human disguise.
Character sheet forthcoming!
This fanfic contains examples of:
- All Witches Have Cats: Played with. While all three Cures have mascots, only Daphne has a feline, and even so it's a panther cub instead of the usual house cat. While there is an actual cat (Blanche) around, her owner Nekki is human, at least as far as we know.
- Alternate Universe
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Veneficia Mutatio!" note
- Color-Coded Wizardry: But of course.
- Cute Kung-Fu Witch: Just look at the title.
- Elemental Powers: There's a lot of elemental magic in this story...
- Flying Broomstick: The Bloom Brooms, color-coded brooms with giant flower petals where the fibers would normally be.
- Functional Magic: Of the Inherent Gift kind.
- Good Witch Versus Bad Witch: Almost literally, in particular when it comes to Diana and Nyx.
- Gratuitous Latin: It's everywhere.
- Multicolored Hair: All three Cures, at least in their Magi and warrior forms.
- Power Trio: Two, in fact.
- Premiseville: The countryside Japanese town the story takes place in, Masaki, has its name written with different characters than the usual ones, in this case meaning "magic promontory".
- Robe and Wizard Hat: The Cures' uniforms play with this a bit. The robe is there (albeit shorter than usual and worn over a Leotard of Power), but the hat is more in the style of the Ojamajo Doremi ones than anything.
- Sixth Ranger: The gems on the tips of the Cures' five-pointed-star-shaped Chest Insignias, in a similar way to the gems on the Smile Pact, imply that two more Cures will join the team by the end of the story.
- Transformation Trinket: The Veneficia Ballpens, which also double as their Weapons of Choice and as Magic Wands of sorts, especially given they were originally actual wands to begin with.
- Witch Species
- Wizarding School: Not quite a school, but the Cures, along with defeating the night demons, must keep perfecting their powers and learning new spells and techniques.