Welcome Reality + Equestria is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Fic which follows the OC Beta Wires as she deals with The end of the world as she knows it.
Tropes in this work include:
- Alternate Universe: Hard to tell, (see: Elsewhere Fic) but Discord's apparent vanishing act hints at this.
- Alternative Calendar: Uses PB (standing for Post Banishment). Justified Trope, because the events that set up the AD calendar never happened in Equestria
- Ambiguous Disorder: Beta is a surefire case, having LMs (Liquid Meals) instead of food because she hates chewing, has reprogrammed the house computer to state the date in a Retraux way, made her own robot legs and a strange fixation on a long-dead historical figure.
- Applied Phlebotinum: Layers, a major case of Call a Smeerp a "Rabbit", given that they amount to existing in several pocket dimensions at once.
- Artificial Limbs: Beta has four. Which she made herself.
- BrainComputer Interface: Whatever those wires coming out of Beta's head are.
- Child Prodigy: Beta Wires, given that she made the legs she wears herself, recoded the house maintenance system, and coded ALBI.
- Cyborg: Beta Wires... at five years old
- Food Pills: LMs, which Beta prefers to normal food as she doesn't have to bite it.
- Fun with Acronyms: ALBI sounds like a butler's name, and stands for Artificial Leg Based Intellect.
- The Future: Takes place in 2808 PB, which is 1808 years after season 1.
- The Future Will Be Better: Let's see, dimension switching, house keeping robots, replacement limbs, floating mattresses ... Everything seems pretty good until the explosions are heard in the distance...
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each chapter is named after a track from the Music/Nero album Welcome Reality +
- Kid Hero: Beta Wires is only 5 years old.
- Parental Abandonment: Beta Wires is explicitly stated to be an orphan, and she only mentioned having a long-dead ancestor for a relative.
- Parental Substitute: The House maintenance system and ALBI, her custom AI.
- Projected Man: ALBI, the AI in Beta's Robotic limbs.
- Swiss Army Appendage: Justified Trope, because what little filly wouldn't stick as much cool stuff in their custom limbs as possible? ... A normal one?