- My father had once called our village "the Land of Bloody Tears" and it is only now that I understand why. It is not the land that is crying, but the people within it.I was born in the Era of Yagura, when bloodshed was as common as breathing air. The Mizukage was vicious, strong and unstoppable. His demon was known as Isobu, a piece of hell sealed within a tiny, child-like man. But appearances can be deceiving.
Hozuki Chinatsu is a catty, self-important kunoichi-in-training who hails from the Village Hidden in the Mist. She is the only daughter of Akane "the Bloodthirsty" and Makoto "the Brave" Hozuki and a cousin of Mangetsu and Suigetsu. Originally, Chinatsu had but a simple plan- graduate, surpass her cousin, and eventually become Mizukage- but her plans were derailed with the arrival of none other than Uchiha Madara, who is hellbent on getting what he wants out of none other than Chinatsu herself.
A Naruto Fan Fic with an otherwise unprecedented approach to the genre of OC fan-fiction, Visibility Zero avoids many of the more common pitfalls associated with the poorer examples via a bitingly realistic, never-before-seen perspective and a plot that remains centered around the inner-workings of the protagonist's bizarre life as an observer.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Chinatsu, who hates all that is good in her world, can't seem to let evil fully take-over.
- Berserk Button: As seen when Chinatsu repeatedly grows enraged at the mere mention of Mangetsu.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Given Akane's treatment of Chinatsu, it's not surprising that she turned out so emotionally traumatized and closed-off.
- Start of Darkness: Chinatsu's dark past explains her eventual madness better than any of her comrades could have.
- The Lost Lenore: This trope comes into play not once but twice, both times involving jinchūriki, though both were of different villages. Each time, Chinatsu was only met with heartbreak when both were killed by the Akatsuki. These events had a lasting effect on Chinatsu's [[mental health and personality]], from the likes of which she has not recovered.