Oh joy, another "Human in Equestria" fanfic. Alright, let's go down the list: human on Earth is in some way miserable with their life? Check. Human gets brought into Equestria by some magical means? Obviously. The main character learns about true friendship and comes to live a happy life? Absol— wait, what do you mean the human becomes the Big Bad?
Villainous is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Fic by CrypticMetaphor, and is known for being one of the first fanfics in the MLP community to subvert the usual tropes of the popular "Human in Equestria" plot. Or, at least, one of the first thought to do it well.
The story follows a bored 20-year-old named Jasper who finds himself watching Friendship is Magic at the recommendation of a friend. Rather than fall in love with the show as well, he mocks every second of its first three seasons, stating that the villains are all idiots who he could easily surpass. Later on, after going out into a rainstorm and diving into the ocean in what might or might not be a suicide attempt, he suddenly finds himself in Canterlot Castle, having been teleported there by Luna and Celestia. He is told in no uncertain terms that he is to go to Ponyville with Twilight Sparkle to learn about friendship, much to his chagrin. If you couldn't tell from the rest of the description, things... don't exactly go as well as they hoped it would.
The tropes are:
- The Bad Guy Wins: Thanks to Jasper having the advantage of being Genre Savvy (due to watching the whole MLP series), it really wasn't that hard for him to pull this off.
- Break the Cutie: Jasper takes a disturbing amount of enjoyment in trying to do this to the Mane 6, though despite his efforts, whether he really succeeded or not is questionable, since they kept on getting back up.
- Genre Savvy: Jasper has the (unfair) advantage of having seen the whole MLP series, so he knows how most if not all the characters are likely to behave.
- Humans Are Bastards: Not really, since there's really only one bastard, but since said bastard is the only human in Equestria, it counts.
- Jerkass: Jasper. You've gotta be a special kind of Jerkass to just come up to a world of peaceful creatures who were trying to help you, and decide that you want to you want to mess up their world just because you don't like it.
- Never My Fault: For all his raging and blaming, Jasper never once seriously considered that some of the bad stuff that happens to him is his own fault.
- Pet the Dog: Jasper's only redeeming aspects in the fic are his moments of genuine kindness to his assistant/little brother Ignis and his wife, Chrysallis, going so far as to have them sent away when he realizes that he's slowly going insane
- Slimeball: As expected of this type of fic, Jasper embodies many of the worst aspects of Humanity.
- Start of Darkness: Its questionable exactly when exactly it started. Equestria was just unlucky that Jasper decided to act on it when he was there.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Granted, the Ponies had no place in practically forcing their beliefs on Jasper, but the fact still remains that they were trying to help him...and he repays them by wrecking their world.
- Villainous BSoD: What ultimately beats Jasper. Crosses over with Hoist by His Own Petard and My God, What Have I Done? when he kills his best friend.
- Xanatos Gambit: One of Jasper's staples. Of course, it helps that being from our world where MLP is a show, he already knew how the characters ticked.