"Everything goes faster in fan-fiction."
Total Deviant Art Island is a series of Total Drama fanfictions. The first season, Total Deviant Art Island, was written by Toongenius, author of World Domination. It is about 39 campers split up into three teams: The Rabid Wolverines, The Vengeful Squirrels, and The Killer Bunnies. Romance, drama, and laughter all ensue on Camp Wawanakwa as teenagers compete in challenges in the hopes of winning the cash prize.
Years later, Asujoll took over the project and wrote the second season, Total Deviant Art Action. Twelve campers from Season 1 and 12 new players are split into two teams: Rabid Dreamworks and Killer Disney, in another attempt to win a million dollars. The veterans struggle to keep their friendships alive, while the new players struggle to fit in in an environment where they're the underdogs.
A third season, Total Deviant Art Reloaded, features 12 returning players and 12 new players. It was cancelled after the third episode.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Ascended Extra: Zach made a handful of appearances as Chef Gerrys assistant in Season 1. He became a full-on contestant in Season 2.
- Ascended Fanboy: Many of the new players on Season 2, though Gabby in particular stands out.
- Canada, Eh?: Andrew is quite proud of his Canadian background. Margot also reveals herself to be from Quebec after she's eliminated.
- Extreme Doormat: Allan does basically whatever Zach tells him to do. Nicole and Steven start out this way, but both learn to become more independent.
- Grey and Black Morality: Season 2 especially. Containing many neutral and evil characters, along with heroes with varying flaws.
- Large Ham Title: Charlette, Mistress of Cellos!
- Meganekko: Charlette, Lauren, Emily, and Gabby. Gwen starts wearing glasses as of Season 3. Michael, Myles, Chris, and Conor are all male examples.
- My Greatest Second Chance:
- Liam, Curly, Juliette, Joey, Chris, Dina, Andrew, Jonah, Emily, Nick, Meredith, and Lily all return from the first season to compete again in the second.
- Charlette, Chase, Gabby, Eric, Gwen, Hollywood, Matthew, Silver and Steven compete in Season 3.
- Nice Guys Finish Last: Julian and Jonah compete for Juliette's affection. Julian loses.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Meredith has mentioned her dreams involving Nick. They've had to be completely censored.
- O.C. Stand-in: In Season 1, DJ is nowhere near as nice as his canon counterpart.note