Following the events of Incredibles 2, Tony Rydinger has regained his memories of Violet when Wilbur zaps him with some kind of raygun. Determined to make amends to her, Wilbur suggests to him of following the 'three special steps' method.
It's a four-chapter work.
- Cool Shades: Tony and Wilbur sport these in the first chapter when they wiped out the memories of witnesses finding out the latter is from the future. The next chapter has them wearing it while secretly watching Violet and her family handling the crime.
- Fix Fic
- Immediate Sequel
- It's All My Fault: Both Tony and Violet express this for how the former forgot about the latter.Tony: I guess we were both at fault here.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Tony immediately says this after regaining his memories of Violet, remembering the fact that he stood her up after having forgotten about her.
- Newspaper-Thin Disguise: What Tony and Wilbur used to avoid being seen by Violet and her family, in addition to wearing sunglasses.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Wilbur and Tony have this dynamic toward each other.
- Romantic Comedy: The story's genre.
- Rule of Three: The name of the fanfic itself.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Tony and Wilbur, in terms of Jack-Jack being involved in the action due to him having powers.Tony: I can't believe the baby even gets into the action just because he has powers.Wilbur: Welcome to the club.
- Title Drop: The story itself.