The Hidden Empire series (a.k.a. Rise of the Sith series) by DarthImperius is a currently incomplete crossover trilogy of Star Wars and Harry Potter which takes place during the Rise of the Empire era. At the moment, it is composed of two episodes, the first being called The Hidden Empire, while the second is titled Shadows of the Sith.
The short prologue of the story takes place in the year of 930 ARR (After the Russan Reformation), nearly fifty years before the main events of the trilogy, introducing the ominous Sith Emperor who is informed of an unusual discovery in the Chorlian sector, near the desolate Malachor system. Informed by one of his Dark Councillors, the Emperor decides to take direct action, and soon the story advances nearly fifty years into the future, a period where the Galactic Republic is under the threat of the Separatist crisis.
Republic. With the threat of the
Sith as a distant memory, the
galaxy has been able to recover
from the old war.
But with the peace, also
comes an age of growing corruption, as
greedy politicians attempt to grab
power in all the ways they are able to,
while the Jedi Order themselves
have become too complacent.
But within the eastern sectors of
the galaxy, the ancient SITH EMPIRE gathers
strength with every passing minute, and
a burning desire of revenge against the
Republic and its Jedi protectors burns
within the heats of those living
in the ancient Sith capital of Dromund Kaas...
many changes. With the ascent of
Emperor Harrison to the office of SUPREME
CHANCELLOR and his acquirement of
emergency powers, he has initiated
what many believe to be a repression of
the Jedi, while succeeding in bringing
stability into the Republic.
With the Sith Empire mysteriously silent,
the new Chancellor took the opportunity to
reorganize the Grand Army, and strike against
the CIS, granting several victories for the
Republic and support for himself.
Yet as these event occur, on Earth, the young
Sith apprentice DARTH SOLUTUS continues
his preparations for the final task of
the Triwizard Tournament, fully determined
to leave it victorious and gain the approval
of his master, the elusive SITH EMPEROR...
Episode I: The Hidden Empire provides examples of:
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: Through a great conspiracy using a war, and secretly being the leader of the enemy faction, Emperor Harrison delivers a speech to the senate where he calls for a Vote of No Confidence against Palpatine. He succeeds in toppling Palpatine from office, and is unorthodoxly chosen by the Rim faction as their candidate to the office of Supreme Chancellor, which he wins in the election.
- Bigger Bad: The Sith Emperor served as this, not just to the Republic and the Jedi, but also to Darth Bane's Sith Order.
- Body Backup Drive: Harry survived for nearly four thousand years by a combination of Transfer Essence and clones of his body.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Both Crabbe and Goyle soil their pants when Harry mind rapes Draco.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The True Sith Empire defeated Earth's militaries and conquered the planet in less than five hours.
- Evil vs. Evil: The True Sith consider Bane's Sith Order as an heresy.
- Hypocrisy Nod: Harry doesnt like attempts to invade his mind, but he admits his hypocrisy when he brainwashed Fudge, considering what happened to him in the past.
- I'm Not Afraid of You: Harrys reaction to the spirit (actually an illusion) of Darth Bane.
- Imposter Forgot One Detail: When an apparition of Darth Bane appears before Harry in Korriban, Harry claims that Bane is nothing more than an illusion, and not a real Force Ghost. When Bane asks why, Harry answers that unlike Force Ghosts, the apparition is not transparent.
- Meaningful Rename: Several days after taking his brother as his apprentice, Harry (Darth Revan) names him as Darth Solutus.
- Mind Rape: Draco suffers this at the hands of Harry after deciding to taunt him.
- Mugging the Monster: Even after Dumbledores warning Draco Malfoy taunts Harry about the fact that his family abandoned him and attacks him from behind. Harry strikes back by using the Force to mind rape Draco to the extent where his mind shatters, turning him into a vegetable.
- Puppet King: Instead of a king we have the Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge, who was brainwashed by Harry into becoming a loyal servant to him.
- Puppet State: The British Wizarding World and the entire Muggle World become this towards the Sith Empire.
- Take That!: The myth midichlorians had anything to do with Force ability was invented by the Jedi pretty much as an excuse to snob anyone they didn't like.
- The Emperor: Harry has been the Sith Emperor for the last four thousand years.
- The Empire: The Sith Empire, which in its current state is a fusion of the empires of Darth Revan and Vitiate.
- The Mole: Harry Potter, who is actually the Dark Lord of the Sith, spent years infiltrated in the Jedi Order, quietly observing them.
- Time Travel: Harrys master was capable of using the Force to do this. And by doing so, she took Harry near 4000 years into the past.
- "Uh-Oh" Eyes: Harrys corruption of the dark side is shown on his eyes a few times (out of the view of other characters). The first time someone actually sees it is right before a fatal mind rape, and the second is after he accidentally lets the illusion fall.
- Villain Protagonist: As the Dark Lord of the Sith who is bent on achieving galactic domination through war against the Republic and the Jedi, Harry is this.