In a moment of weakness, Chrysalis had more than a taste of Shining Armour's love. 11 months later, Twilight Sparkle finds herself a brand new niece by way of 'A small foal in a basket on my door step'.
Find it here
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Blue and Orange Morality: the author has commented that overall changelings are no more evil than lions are to cows.
- BrotherSister Incest: Spikes very poorly worded explanation has convinced Rarity that this is the case between Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor. Not helped by the presence of Honeydew Wisp. So far Rarity has convinced Applejack and Rainbow Dash of this as well.
- Child by Rape: Honeydew Wisp.
- Mommy Had A Good Reason For Abandoning You: The changelings are heavily implied to be starving.
- Doorstop Baby: Honeydew Wisp.
- Double Standard Rape Female on Male: Averted, Chrysaliss rape of Shining Armor is treated as such by all the other characters and traumatized Shining Armor.
- Emotion Eater: Changelings in general.
- Furry Reminder: As with actual horses, polyamory is socially acceptable in Equestria.
- The Ghost: Chrysalis has not appeared beyond her one scene in the prologue.
- Has Two Mommies: Pipsqueak has two mothers (Blue Copper and Cherry Top) and one father (Baton).
- Interspecies Adoption: Honeydew Wisp by Twilight.
- Missing Mom: Chrysalis has only appeared in the prologue, before abandoning Honeydew Wisp,
- Mistaken for Cheating: Shining Armor.
- Parental Abandonment- Chrysalis gave up Honeydew in hope of giving her a better life.
- Poor Communication Kills: When buying diapers, Spike accidentally convinces Rarity that Twilight had a child by Shining Armor.
- Purple Prose: Honeydew Wisp is beautiful enough to inspire Rainbow Dash to wax poetic.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Nurse Redheart.
- Shout-Out: Cupcakes is referenced as a recurring nightmare that Pinkie has.
- That Thing Is Not My Child!: Shining Armor's attitude towards Wisp.
- To Be Lawful or Good: The primary cause of conflict in the "first act" is Honeydew Wisp's technically being a changeling, and therefore illegal to keep around and raise as Twilight has been doing. The Lawful act of revealing her would condemn the filly to almost-certain death, and the Good act is illegal because it's not doing that.