The Dream Journal 2 (known by its full title, The Dream Journal 2: Life Imitates Art) is the official sequel to crossover fanfic The Dream Journal. It began in April of 2015 and is presently on its seventh chapter.
Continuing in the fashion of its predecessor (which, canonically, exists as a fictional work by the protagonist, Theodora), it's about a teenage girl obtaining a dream journal and causing her dreams to come to life. Unlike its predecessor, instead of dissolving into a crossover fanfic of epic proportions, the story's plot seems to revolve more around the vampires that one of her dreams brought into existence.
This work contains examples of:
- Accidental Marriage: Theodora ends up getting married to Sebastian Michaelis. May or may not be an intentional reference to when Isabel got married to Peter Silberman in the original story.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: With Svetlana as the blonde, Jade as the brunette and Theodora as the red-head.
- The Cameo: A few:
- In the second chapter, during one of her dreams, Ben Gibbard (of Death Cab For Cutie fame) shows up at the very end and is left behind with Theodora's family while Theodora and Jade walk home.
- Levi Ackerman (from Attack on Titan) is mentioned to have showed up in one of Theodora's dreams.
- Sebastian Michaelis (from Black Butler) shows up in another.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Sadie upon encountering vampire Harry Styles. This leads to Theodora leaving her behind in hopes that she'll keep him occupied so they can escape.
- Fictional Document: Canonically, The Dream Journal is a story written by Theodora. The very first chapter starts off with a quote from the epilogue of its predecessor, followed by Jade and Theodora discussing how terrible it was.