I have selected my new name for this job: "Fleur De Lis."
The target's name is Fancy Pants. He's rich, he's well-known, and most importantly, he's single. This is going to be a breeze.''
This Fan Fic contains examples of:
- The Atoner: Fancy Pants used to be just as much of a dick as the other rich ponies Fleur De Lis stole money from, until he snapped at a new intern who spilled coffee over his suit and some designs, and threw said hot coffee to her face, blinding her in one eye. Horrified, he swore to himself to become a better pony.
- Becoming the Mask: Fleur De Lis slowly, but truly falls in love with Fancy Pants. The process is accelerated when Fancy Pants risks his life to save her during Discord's return.
- Big Fancy House: Fleur expected one, but Fancy's home is humble for a rich pony.
- Gilligan Cut: Two. One of the diary entries ends when she asks to herself how much a gold bangle she stole during Fancy Pants' party is worth, and the next one states that it is worth 316 bits. Another entry states her interest in Rarity, only for the next one to say that she won't be a target, because she's from Ponyville.
- Gold Digger: Fleur starts as one.
- Heel Realization: Fancy Pants had one in the backstory, and Fleur has one after she tries to start a new con in Las Pegasus.
- Hidden Depths: As she spends time with Fancy Pants, Fleur discovers he is quite well versed in theatre.
- Love Redeems: Subverted when Fleur De Lis realizes she's actually fallen in love with Fancy Pants and runs away to Las Pegasus. Double Subverted when she realizes she can't live with herself while still faking relationships and stealing bits off rich ponies, and returns to Canterlot and to Fancy Pants.
- Meaningful Rename: Since Fleur De Lis is a fake name, the fact that she decides to sign her letter to Lucky Stroke as Fleur De Lis, instead of Golden Charm or White Rose, counts as this.
- My Greatest Failure: Fancy Pants deeply regrets having thrown hot coffee at an intern's face after she spilled a bit in his suit, permanently blinding one of her eyes.
- Nice Guy: Fancy Pants is one, as Fleur notes he actually treats her like a person and not a piece of meat. He wasn't always like that.
- Shout-Out: Fancy and Fleur go see The Phantomare Of The Opera, Romule and Fillyette, and Hoofloose.
- Viva Las Pegasus: The last few entries in the diary happen in there.