Known for its demented imagery and hyper realism, Squidward's Suicide is about an intern working for Nickelodeon who is shown what appears to be a normal SpongeBob SquarePants cartoon. Needless to say, it isn't.
The story was immensely popular and gained quite a following. Of course, like any successful story, it was imitated... a lot... to the point where some creepypasta wikis banned lost episode pastas from being posted.
This story contains Hyper Realistic examples of
- Ascended Meme:
- There's a rumor that the Spongebob writers wrote the episode "Are You Happy Now" as a nod to this pasta. Considering that one of the writers, Casey Alexander, actually knows about it, that is a distinct possibility.
- "SpongeBob in RandomLand" explicitly has a scene where Squidward encounters a version of the image of his eyes bleeding.
- Ate His Gun: Squidward kills himself in the episode by shooting himself in the mouth.
- Ax-Crazy: Whoever killed the children is clearly insane.
- Bowdlerise: The most common version seen on the web actually omits two curse words that were in the original version. (It's shit and hell for those who are curious.) Note that all of the hideous violence is left totally untouched.
- Dan Browned: The story claims that the season after the film took longer than usual to air, when in reality it was quicker to air than the previous season. Given that the main character and narrator is a former intern at Nickelodeon Studios, they should have known this.
- Driven to Suicide: The lost episode has Squidward kill himself. It's right there in the creepypasta's title.
- Eye Scream: Mention is made of bloody eyes, gouged eyes, etc.
- Gorn: One of the first lost episode pastas to feature gruesomely detailed descriptions of violence.
- Hand Wave: The Author attempts to explain how they are able to remember the Episode, in such detail, by explaining that they watched it twice. This only raises more questions, as to why they would want to watch it twice, considering its content caused the author to vomit on to the floor!?
- Karma Houdini: The perpetrator of the child murders seen in the video wasn't caught.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: The story never exactly makes it clear whether or not the episode is of supernatural origin.
- MST: BAD CREEPYPASTA has done an MST reading of the creepypasta in their usual cynical and negative style, along with an English teacher to witness the story and a counter for the tense swaps that occur.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: The first thing the narrator finds off about this cartoon is when SpongeBob is booing at Squidward's performance, something he'd never normally do.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Everyone in the audience gets red eyes while booing at Squidward.
- Subverted Kids Show: The fic is about an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants that involves Squidward being Driven to Suicide and has photographs of disemboweled children hidden in the animation frames.
- Tears of Blood: Squidward cries blood later in the episode.
- The Un Reveal: Who took those pictures? Who made the animation? Whose sick idea was this?! Never explained. Although that's kind of the point with Creepypasta. The first paragraph of the story even points it out:"I just want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn't one."
- Would Hurt a Child: The predator who made the disturbing animation killed three children in gruesome detail; more specifically, removing their entrails out of their stomachs. It's quite clear through these pictures that this person is a complete psychopath.