Spider Thread is an ongoing Naruto Fan Fic by blackcatgirl. It chronicles the life of Himura Tomoe, a former assassin reincarnated into the Naruto world around the time of the Third Ninja World War. Following an attack on her home, she winds up in Konohagakure and decides to become a ninja. The story then follows her as she develops relationships, attempts to find a way back to her original world, and begins to question her own fracturing identity.
An OC-insert featuring an antagonistic Anti-Hero with a tendency towards Moral Sociopathy. The actions of the protagonist have elicited much outrage and occasional table-flipping rage.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Tomoe.
- Bastardly Speech: Tomoe gives one to Obito in Chapter 12.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Despite her relatively harmless, child exterior that her teammates care for, Tomoe is actually a near-sociopathic former assassin with a taste for poisoning people.
- Chekhov's Gun: Tomoe's unusual anatomy comes in hand when Kakashi stabs her through the chest and it turns out her heart is on the right side.
- Child Prodigy: Itachi, Shisui, Tomoe, and Kakashi all qualify.
- Child Soldiers: A matter of course, in the Naruto world. Applies to a significant portion of the main cast.
- Consummate Liar: Never, ever, try to play Poker with Tomoe. She lies as a hobby.
- Cuddle Bug: Shisui is this with Tomoe, and would be with Itachi, if he could catch him.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mostly Tomoe towards, well, almost everyone, but Kakashi has his moment.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Tomoe does mellow out, at first with Kakashi, and then with her teammates. Subverted, since she admits that she could kill them if a fight went that far.
- Enfant Terrible: Tomoe looks cute. But she will force-feed you poison and watch you die if she feels like it.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Kakashi quickly acquired the nickname 'Bakashi' (a contraction of 'Baka' and 'Kakashi'), courtesy of Tomoe. He doesn't seem to mind anymore, except when Tomoe calls it out in public.
- For Want of a Nail: All it took was Tomoe going to pick herbs in Rin's place, being kidnapped instead of her, and suddenly Obito isn't crazy,which leads to Minato and Kushina surviving and every plot point that screw up.
- Jerkass: As you may have gathered by now, Tomoe is not very nice.
- Master Poisoner: Tomoe in her former life made a living poisoning people. She was very good at her job.Tomoe: I preferred poison over the more obvious methods. Gunning someone down was so crude, and using knives too slow; both had limited use. Sure, if you want to kill someone, blowing their brains out was the way to go, but beyond that a gun was about as useful as a brick. Poison was versatile, just as deadly, so discrete, the perfect assassination tool.
- Meaningful Name: 'Tomoe,' written '巴' is Japanese for a large comma designs. Fitting, since she is an Uchiha and has a Sharingan.
- Morality Chain: Itachi for Tomoe. After developing a crush on him and even a little before, Tomoe often mentions that she doesn't want Itachi to think badly of her for her actions.
- Organ Dodge: Happens not once, but twice to Tomoe.
- Recursive Crossdressing: During the Chuunin exams, Tomoe dresses up as a woman, while she's still pretending to be a boy.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Tomoe pretends to be a boy for safety reasons. It lasts far longer than she thought it would.
- The Quiet One: Itachi speaks much, much less than both Tomoe and Shisui.
- Token Evil Teammate: Tomoe.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Tomoe, when she makes assessments far beyond her age, and of course Itachi.
- The Sociopath: Tomoe.
- Villainous Crush: Tomoe, despite agreeing to help with Madara's plan, develops one for Itachi.
- Villain Protagonist: Tomoe.
- What the Hell, Hero?: 80% of Tomoe's actions.