- Hamuko likes Bad Apple, she's the sister of the world's first murderer, and her COMP summons Personas. Tartarus and the Dark Hour won't know what hit them.
Soul Survior is a Persona 3 fan fic written by Lady Starwing from the point of view of Hamuko Tsukio, her rendition of the Female Protagonist. Her story does a wonderful job of combining elements from several Shin Megami Tensei games into one cohesive, complex plot.
This fan fic provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: A staggering amount of information on this page is taken directly from Word of God by the author.
- The Cameo: Cameos from several characters from Devil Survivor appear throughout. Characters suggested to be from Touhou also make sporadic appearances.
- Cold Open: The story starts with a brief vignette of Hamuko and her family right before the incident at the Moonlight Bridge.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The magic that everyone uses seems to take on a different color for the users personality.
- Crossover: Of Persona 3, Devil Survivor, Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha, and Digital Devil Saga.
- Extreme Omnivore: Did Castor just eat a Tartarus Guardian shadow!?
- Foreshadowing: The Senpai are incredibly nervous when the first floor of Tartarus goes dead silent and empty of Shadows...
- Improvised Weapon: Junpei uses a baseball bat on the First Tartarus Run
- Light Is Not Good: The angels. They spy on Hamuko to keep Naoya in check. They do not hesitate to use force, either.
- Meaningful Name:
- Parasol of Pain: When not wielding her naginata or a similar weapon, she's using her trademark parasol that conceals blades within them.
- Rapunzel Hair: Hamuko's hair is apparently down to her SHINS. And she somehow manages to tame it all into a ponytail/bun.
- Sequence Breaking:
- At least in comparison to the original game; not only is Hamuko's first Social Link outside of Fool Mitsuru, but Mitsuru actually approached her first instead of the other way around.
- There is also a full party of four from the word 'go' due to Shinjiro's presence.
- Shoe Slap:
Junpei: "But think about it, Luna-tan, you're a natural fit! We're fighting evil by moonlight, you're "Tsukio", and you've even got the pink hair! If we're not blasting our way through the dungeon in no time with the power of love, I'll be very shocked."
- The chapter names are Touhou Songs.
- Sailor Moon is discussed by Junpei on the first trip to Tartarus