Simon and Reimu is short crossover fic consisting of three chapters by Amoridere (who is known for writing, Goodbye Chen and Gensokyo 20XX). It is a fanfic where Touhou characters are in the same world as the time of the Great Mushroom war, where a full grown Reimu is recounting her life with the Ice King and Marceline to Finn and Jake.
Recently, a sequel, titled Simon and Reimu II: I Remember You, has been announced and has recently been posted.
Tropes for Simon and Reimu include:
- Adult Fear: Some of why the plot happens. The story opens to a three-year old Reimu getting separated from Yukari while she's goes off playing. Later on, we have Marceline getting sick and Simon (the Ice King) descent into madness.
- Affectionate Nickname: Simon calls Reimu and Marcie "Gunter" and Reimu refers to Marceline as "Marcie". The former is rather saddening, in that he no longer remembers their names.
- After the End: Like the later parts of Gensokyo 20XX series and Adventure Time, the story is set after a nuclear war.
- Children Are Innocent: Reimu has no clue why Marcie is afraid of the crown and it's a fairly safe assumption that because she is innocent, the crown doesn't corrupt her. Then again, in story, the latter was handwaved on the grounds that the crown probably only has an effect on certain people, she not being one of them.
- Crossover: This fic is a crossover of Adventure Time and ''Touhou Project.
- Fearless Infant: Reimu and she doesn't seem fear Simon when he puts on the crown.
- Ill Girl: Marcie was this at some point during the story, kicking off the "Simon and Marcy" plot.
- Narrator / Nostalgic Narrator: A now adult Reimu is telling the story, recounting this from when she three years old.
- Parental Substitute: Simon ( the Ice King) was this to Marceline and Reimu. Later on, he gives her back to Yukari, who was her parental substitute from the start, that she had gotten separated from.
- Shout-Out: The title and some of the fic is a shoutout to the Adventure Time episode Simon and Marcy, borrowing some of the plot from it and the Adventure Time episode, I Remember You.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Marceline's nickname is spelled with a "cie" at the end, whereas most of them time it is spelled with a "cy".
- The Mentally Disturbed: Simon, as the time goes on and he is more and more influenced by the crown.