Maybe I am crazy.
Pokémon trainer Laresa Krales is walking through Ilex Forest when she inexplicably finds herself in an unnatural-looking cave. In the cave, she finds a strange object that is somehow able to summon the legendary bird Ho-oh. She begins searching for the meaning behind this, using the mystery to distract herself and turn her thoughts away from something in her past. But is any of it real, or is she losing her mind?
This story provides examples of:
- Bag of Holding: Justified. The bags use the same technology that allows Pokeballs to store even the largest of Pokémon.
- Calling Your Attacks: New Trainers usually use move names, but since that tells your opponent what you're up to, nobody else does except as a deception.
- Crazy-Prepared: Laresa. In addition to pre-existing plans for a variety of situations, she carries an impressive list of random items in her Bag of Holding just in case she needs them.
- Failsafe Failure: All matter-compression gear, such as Pokeballs and any Bag of Holding, has multiple redundancies built in for just this reason. If the compression ever does fail, the results are explosive.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each chapter's title is taken from a line from Laresa's thoughs in that chapter.
- MacGuffin: The object that calls Ho-oh.