Sailor Moon Says is a Sailor Moon fanfiction written by Gemini6ice. Taking place a couple of years after the events of the first half of Sailor Moon R, it centers around the lives of the main cast and a few members of the supporting cast as they pursue normal lives and go on a series of strange adventures. As opposed to the original series, it is intended to be completely comedic and nonsensical. The series ran from 1997-2004 and had three seasons. Despite the promises of the author for a fourth one, no new episodes have been posted in over a decade and so it is almost certainly an Orphaned Series. The series is hosted at http://sailorsun.gemini6ice.com/
The work contains examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: In a major way; the series ignores the existence of the second half of Sailor Moon R and every season that comes after it.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: The series follows the dub's practice of listing a moral at the end of the episode, and like the original, the morals may or may not add up.
- Artistic License Biology: In Episode 48, Usagi somehow gets a can of Jolt Cola stuck in her gallbladder, which she removes by urination. However, it's the urinary bladder, not the gallbladder which deals with urination. Whether this was intentional or not is not shown.
- Audience? What Audience?: Rei, who doesn't seem to realize they're in a fanfiction or that they're fictional characters while everyone else does.
- Author Appeal: The aforementioned Alternate Continuity as well as some aspects of the series, such as Naru and Gurio breaking up, Gurio dating Ami, Usagi dating Ail and Rei trying to steal Mamoru from Usagi in Season 4 are implied to be because of the author's preferences.
- Butt-Monkey: Naru, to the point where she gets tired of it and runs away to Europe in Season 3.
- End-of-Series Awareness: Towards the end of the series' run, the characters start making hints about how the author's preparations for college and later actual collegiate work were making it harder to continue the series.
- FaceHeel Turn: Ami, Ail and Makoto at the start of season 2, because the others left them behind when they moved to America, and Rei in season 3 in order to capture Mamoru for herself.
- Hand Wave: It's never fully explained how Naru and Gurio learned about the scouts' true identities or why Ail is back on Earth.
- Lampshade Hanging: The characters frequently do this.
- Left Hanging: Due to the abrupt ending of the series, we never find out how several elements play out, including Ami and Gurio's marriage, Luna's pregnancy, Mina changing into a teletubby, Usagi and Ellie's impending deaths, Makoto, Ail, and Mamoru being stuck in the videotape world, Rei being traped underground, Ami having a football helmet stuck to her head, and the apartment complex being sunk underground.
- No Fourth Wall: All the characters are perfectly aware they are fictional characters except Rei.
- Product Placement: Episode 48, which revolves around Jolt Cola