Repairs, by Thunderchin, is a Metroid fanfiction.
Picking up from the ending of Metroid Fusion, Samus is left on the run for her actions aboard the Biologic Space Laboratories. Adam picks up a distress call from the nearby planet SR-666, and Samus hitches a ride with him to the planet. Once on the surface, they realize they can barely communicate over the comms interference, and worse, they've been tracked by an elite unit called "The Warmongers" using Samus's own Chozo technology against her.
This fic can be found here; unfortunately it hasn't been updated since March of 2013.
Repairs provides examples of:
- Abandoned Laboratory: One's been explored so far.
- Arm Cannon: One of eight pieces of her suit that Samus has to repair.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: She does convince her pursuers to her side of the fight.
- Bag of Spilling: Samus' suit is fried by the Warmongers' Neutralizer weapon, although, slightly differently from the games in the series, Samus still has use of her abilities after the fact. She just has to be really careful.
- Chainmail Bikini: Her breastplate is more appropriately named than you thought.
- Charged Attack: Charge Beam, the beam combos, the Shinespark.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: In-universe, many of Samus's items. Justified in that she needs to be able to know which bar corresponds to what piece of her suit.
- Convection Schmonvection: Quite painfully averted. Let's hope Samus gets the Varia Suit fixed before going into that volcano in the distance.
- Cool Starship: Adam, Samus' AI assistant, lives in one such ship. Samus will get to upgrade the ship's abilities a la Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
- Dummied Out: Lots of things. The author's been working on this for eighteen months and is on his third rewrite after all.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Potentially. It's impossible to know when and where an ability will finish auto-repairing.
- Expanded Universe: There are glimpses of things that happened behind the scenes of the games.
- Experience Points: Kinda sorta with the Repair progresses of each item. They'd be experience points if this were actually a video game. But it's not, so Samus just has to make do with waiting.
- Faceship: Averted. Samus keeps the purple loaner from Fusion. And upgrades it.
- The Federation: The Galactic Federation. The Warmongers they send are but a piece of it.
- Freeze Ray: The Ice Beam, usable once Samus repairs an Arm Cannon slot for it.
- Genius Bruiser: Samus to an extent. She still doesn't like technobabble, though.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Grapple Beam. It'll attach to anything once fully repaired.
- Just Following Orders: Anthony, until out of sight of his Federation superiors. He took the mission to get to and help Samus.
- Shout-Out: To Star Fox 64Adam: I can't shake him!
Samus: Do a barrel roll!
- Space Marines: The Warmongers, using Samus's own technology against her.