- With the World of NARUTO plunged into a state of dread and despair thanks to the Akatsuki, a new kind of hero descends unintentionally into it against his will. As conflicts and tensions rise within his path, will this hero be able to help restore balance and avenge the fallen, or will he become another victim of the Akatsuki?
A post-apocalyptic story set after Pain's invasion of Konohagakure, Pain has won; the champion of Konohagakure, Naruto Uzumaki, has been killed in battle and all nine Tailed Beasts have been assembled. With the world in disarray, hope is scattered as the villages fall apart, and those who don't live under Pain's regime fall prey to his Shinbu Corps.
Everything changes when Ichigo Kurosaki, Substitute Shinigami, is dropped right in the center of this nest of chaos, and his actions change the course of the fate of the Naruto World. With character interactions, new and old alike, and changes to the characterization of quite a few people, everything is not as it seems, even for veteran readers of both the original series!
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Word of God confirms this trope is in full effect. Even if he likes the character, if someone is capable of dying in a scenario, they'll have no luck on their side.
- The Big Damn Kiss: Hinata and Ichigo have theirs on the spur of the moment and it's everything any shipper could hope for. Mercifully, Moegi kills the moment after they break apart.
- Call-Back: Due to the author being quite a fan of not forgetting things that happened earlier in the series, this fanfic naturally has plenty.
- Celibate Hero / Chaste Hero: The series seems to be trying to work to avert this, given Ichigo and Hinata's interactions.
- Crossover: The very nature of this story is a crossover between Bleach and Naruto.
- Curbstomp Battle: It's literally the second thing Ichigo does in the story; the moment he lands in the world of Naruto, and the Shinbu Corps hound his ass, he immediately dishes out beatings like Halloween candy.
- Combo Platter Powers: Ichigo possesses an eclectic combination of Soul Reaper, Hollow and Fullbring powers. However, a unique twist is how Ichigo's powers work in this story in that every one of his powers are merged into one cohesive core, allowing him to use them all with ease, even his Hollow abilities.
- Dystopia: With Akatsuki at the helm, expecting anything less is naive.
- Establishing Character Moment: Just like in the original series, Ichigo's introduction chapter has him beating the asses of his enemies. Welcome back, Strawberry.
- Evil Mask / Mask of Power: Ichigo's Hollow mask makes a return in this story. The Zero Tails is also an example.
- Hero Killer:
- Akatsuki, in spades. At the start of the story, Naruto, Guy, Kakashi, the Kages, and Ino are confirmed dead.
- Sasuke firmly lands in this corner when he murders Neji.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Courtesy of Neji, to distract Sasuke so Ichigo can recover. It initially costs him his arm, but then his life.
- High-Altitude Interrogation: Shortly after arriving and defeating some mooks who attack him, Ichigo carries one of them into the sky and holds him upside down to terrify him into telling him what is going on.
- Mooks: The Shinbu Corps devolve into this the moment Ichigo arrives on the scene; poor bastards don't even get a chapter to be "cool."
- Spared by the Adaptation: As this story ignores the final arc of Bleach entirely, all casualties from the last arc in the series are spared.
- Secret Police: Essentially what the Shinbu Corps are. Ichigo is having none of it.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Hinata of all people is on the receiving one from a mysterious voice that she believes to be her Zanpakutou. Whatever it was, it berated her for her weakness, taunting her over the death of Naruto, and the fact that, if she continued to not act, "her precious new man" would end up exactly like Naruto. Turns out this was the motivation Hinata needed.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Civilized: Pain utterly raped the world after he defeated Konoha; the villages are destroyed, all of the Kages are dead, and every remaining symbol of hope is destroyed, all for the sake of his twisted "peace."
- The Team Benefactor: Kabuto, of all people. He also doubles as Mission Control.
- Took a Level in Badass: Everyone who is currently alive; i.e., all the main characters featured took several levels in badass over the course of three years after Pain destroyed everything. It comes to a head when Hinata and Rock Lee fight Sasuke two-on-one, and each of them put up a fair fight, Hinata even pulling out several new techniques.
- Touched by Vorlons: To save Hinata's life, much like how Rukia saved him, Ichigo transfers a portion of his power to Hinata, giving her the power of a Shinigami.
- You Remind Me of X: The reason everyone is so utterly behind Ichigo is that he reminds them of Naruto, and as such is someone they can rally behind.Neji: Someone I knew risked going to Hell and back for the simplest of reasons. He befriended those who were friendless. Protected those who shouldn't be protected. And told a certain someone that he wasn't destined to be trapped by fate, and that he was a genius!
Sasuke: He reminds you of him?
Neji: Yes. He does!