An Alternate Continuity fanfic published in 2016-2017 based on Fairy Tail that imagines a world in which a daughter is reunited with her mother, and the far-reaching consequences that result.
There are 30 chapters that can be viewed here. Hasn't been updated since 2017.
- Adaptational Heroism: Several major villain characters become members of Fairy Tail very early on, due to the differences in the circumstances that led to them becoming villains in the first place. Most prominently:
- Ultear, who in this version called out to Ur and was welcomed home before she could make the jealous choice to return to the Bureau which tortured and experimented on her.
- Jellal, who without the influence of the corrupted Ultear, chose to leave the Tower with Erza rather than take over and continue it's construction.
- Erik, who thanks to the destruction of the Tower and Bureau, escaped from Brain at a young age and found his way to Fairy Tail before he could become one of the Oracion Seis.
- Alternate Continuity: The entire premise of the story is asking what if Ultear had reunited with her mother and taken the heroic path instead of returning to the Bureau and becoming a major villain as she had in the source material.
- Butterfly Effect: Ultear's choice to return to the Bureau was directly and indirectly linked to many, many hardships throughout the story of the source material. It stands to reason that her choice to not return would lead to drastically different outcomes.
- Darker and Edgier: While maintaining much of the whimsy of the source material, the series doesn't pull any punches when it comes to truly examining what makes some of the characters tick, or imagining darker situations than what the source material thought up, like Wendy falling victim to Nirvana's effects and starting a mini-Zombie Apocalypse.
- In Spite of a Nail: Ur still sacrifices herself to encase Deliora in the Iced Shell.
- One Degree of Separation: While Ultear staying with Ur did cause a Butterfly Effect, it's still uncanny how many people involved with either her, the Tower of Heaven, or the Bureau of Magical Development all end up congregating at Fairy Tail individually. Erza, Jellal, and Simon joined after escaping the tower, Gray, Ultear, and Lyon all join after Ur sacrificed herself to freeze Deliora, Erik shows up there by pure chance looking for food and is convinced to join by Erza, and Bickslow ends up there and is found by Lisanna in the rafters.
- Related in the Adaptation: In canon, Bickslow and Ultear were completely unrelated. Here, Bickslow is a fellow victim of the Bureau of Magical Development's experiments, and was freed after Ultear escaped and Ur reported them.
- Spared by the Adaptation: A consequence of Jellal leaving the Tower with Erza is Simon not pulling a Heroic Sacrifice later in his life.
- Threesome Subtext: At this point, it's probably full-on text rather than subtext that Erza, Jellal and Simon are in a romantic trio in this version.