"20 Minutes into the Future (well, 2007), the nations of the world inexplicably decide to settle who will rule the world with...a Gundam tournament. Sound familiar? What should have followed was fifty chapters of epic action punctuated by torrid scenes of love between beautiful women and richly detailed discussions of political and moral philosophy. What got written is fifty chapters of almost the exact same fight scenes repeated over and over, just with different characters, punctuated by almost the exact same lesbian sex scenes repeated over and over, just with different characters, and pointless descriptions of people eating, packing their luggage or griping about petty personal issues suspiciously similar to those the author complains about in his own life repeated over and over." - All the Tropes
The fic can be found here if anyone needs a sleep aid.
This fic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Personality Change: It would be easier to list female Gundam characters who WEREN'T subject to this - almost all of the characters used have an identical personality, and all of them are lesbians (which isn't so bad with characters who had no canon love interest, such as Natarle Badgiruel or Catherine Bloom, but it is rather jarring with characters who have canon boyfriends or husbands such as Fa Yuiry or Rain Mikamura).
- Author Appeal: Among all the obvious appearances of the author's personal problems and references to music the author presumably likes, Relena rambles about the need for stricter deportation, English as the official language of the US, and cellphone jammers in movie theatres.
- Beige Prose
- Demoted to Extra: Bright Noa is normally shown as the Big Good in all the post-0079 series he's appeared in. Here...he's the announcer for the series.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Scenes are copy-pasted verbatim with character names rearranged, sometimes within the same chapter or even the same scene.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Averted by the Fetish Retardant writing.
- Girls' Love
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Scenes are copy-pasted verbatim with character names rearranged, sometimes within the same chapter or even the same scene.
- Humongous Mecha
- IKEA Erotica: "Stella and Reccoa turned 180 degrees" is just one of the many "gems" demonstrating this trope.
- Improbably Female Cast
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: An in-franchise example, although almost the entire cast (save for a few exceptions, such as Bright Noa) consist of female Gundam characters.
- Overly Long Gag: Scenes are copy-pasted verbatim with character names rearranged, sometimes within the same chapter or even the same scene.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Several scenes involve petty complaints from the author's real life.
- Recap Episode: Bizarrely, Chapter 35 is one, despite the fic being text-basednote . Amusingly, one reviewer commented that it managed to make the story feel closer to an actual Gundam series because of this.
- Recycled Premise: If you couldn't figure it out already, the set-up of having a tournament to determine who rules the earth was already used in Mobile Fighter G Gundam 14 years before this fic's first chapter was published. Unlike G Gundam, however, this one is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover.
- Shower of Love
- Tournament Arc: Or rather, Tournament Fic.
- Wish Fulfillment: At one point the characters give a hundred-dollar tip to a downtrodden supermarket worker who is suspiciously similar to the author.